Stetson University dedicated Veterans Law Institute on College of Law campus on May 31
Stetson University College of Law dedicated its new Veterans Law Institute with a ceremony on May 31 in Gulfport, Fla.
More than 100 people gathered for the dedication, which included remarks by the Honorable Bruce E. Kasold, chief judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, Stetson Law faculty, students and veterans, a flag presentation by Congressman Bill Young’s office, and a color guard presentation by Boca Ciega High School’s Army JROTC.
The Institute will serve as a center for veteran and military scholarship, the site of Stetson’s Veterans Advocacy Clinic, and provide continuing legal education for attorneys representing veterans as well as a focal point for student veterans and their pro bono related activities.
The facility that houses the Institute was named the Judge Raphael Steinhardt Building in honor of the contributions of the judge who also endowed a scholarship for student veterans.
Post date: May 31, 2012
Media contact: Brandi Palmer | firstname.lastname@example.org
727-562-7381 office | 727-430-1580 cell