Seminar to Discuss Foreclosures, Dec. 5-6
Contact Brandi Palmer
The recent surge in home foreclosures is one of several topics to be discussed at Stetson University College of Law’s 33rd Annual Alexander L. Paskay Seminar on Bankruptcy Law and Practice on Dec. 5-6 in Tampa, Fla. The annual seminar for bankruptcy experts is moving to the Sheraton Tampa River Walk at 200 N. Ashley Dr.
“With increasing mortgage foreclosures and the implementation of 2005 reform legislation, it is important for attorneys to be familiar with the change in the law, which effects the rights of consumers and business people alike,” said the conference’s namesake and chair, Judge Alexander Paskay. Paskay is Chief Bankruptcy Judge Emeritus of the Middle District of Florida, and an adjunct professor at Stetson Law.
A national faculty of bankruptcy lawyers, judges and officials will present at this year’s seminar. Speakers include U.S. Bankruptcy Judges Randolph Baxter and Bruce Markell; Arthur Boelter of Boelter and Associates; Harvey Miller of Weil Gotshal; Louis Phillips of Gordon, Arata, McCollam, Duplantis and Eagan LLP; Shayna Steinfeld of Steinfeld and Steinfeld, P.C.; and U.S. Trustee Donald Walton.
Topics will include:
- Recent developments in bankruptcy law
- The U.S. Trustee’s perspective in consumer cases and chapter 11 cases
- Dischargeability of taxes
- Exceptions to discharge and issues in litigation
- Dealing with pre-pack chapter 11 cases
- Treatment of small businesses and chapter 11 cases
- Chapter 11 cash collateral
- Tax questions in chapter 11 cases
- Stay litigation in chapter 11 releases
- Confirmation issues in chapter 11 third-party releases
- Conversion or dismissal under Section 1112
- Treatment of 910 claims and effect of surrendering collateral
- Lien stripping
Post date: Sept. 1, 2008
Media contact: Brandi Palmer | email@example.com
727-562-7381 office | 727-430-1580 cell