Stetson Law graduates 180 students May 13
Contact Brandi Palmer
Gulfport, Fla. – More than 180 students are expected to walk at Stetson Law’s commencement on Saturday, May 13 at 9 a.m. in the courtyard at the Gulfport campus, 1401 61st St. S.
Judge Mary S. Scriven will be the commencement speaker at the graduation ceremonies. Scriven, a magistrate judge for the U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, has practiced corporate litigation and has lectured in the areas of commercial law and trial advocacy. She chairs the board of The Spring of Tampa Bay, a shelter facility for battered women and their children, and serves on the boards of various community and professional organizations.
Among Stetson’s new group of graduates, seven will receive a Master of Laws degree in international law and 17 will receive a dual degree in law and business administration.
Some of the outstanding students graduating this year include:
- Tammy Briant, Public Service Fellow and Student Bar Association president who coordinated campus efforts to assist victims of Hurricane Katrina with donations and contributed significant hours to community volunteer activities.
- Kathryn Christian, award-winning moot court team member and student advocate who helped her team win the silver medal at an international moot competition in Vienna last month where teams from 50 countries around the world competed.
- Michael Kest, accomplished environmentalist, scuba instructor and underwater photographer, who recently led a group of divers in a reef cleanup in the Gulf of Mexico.
- James McTyier, part-time student who balanced evening courses at law school and a full-time legal internship at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in Bradenton.
- Andrea Medina, top international student from Colombia who received a scholarship to attend Stetson Law in the U.S.
- Zack Zuroweste, student ambassador, teaching fellow and advocacy board leader who will receive a dual degree.
Post date: May 8, 2006
Media contact: Brandi Palmer | email@example.com
727-562-7381 office | 727-430-1580 cell