November 6- Stetson University College of Law hosts conference on ‘The Future of Aging’
Contact Frank Klim
Executive Director of Communications
Gulfport, Fla. – To address critical legal and policy issues related to the aging population in the United States, Stetson University College of Law will host a conference on Nov. 7 at the Radisson Resort Parkway in Orlando, Fla.
The keynote speaker will be Bentley Lipscomb, AARP Florida State Director. Other featured speakers include: Bob Jackson of Boyer Jackson, P.A., Sarasota; Lyn Bodiford, state affairs coordinator of AARP Florida; Horatio Soberon, director of planning and evaluation for the Florida Department of Elder Affairs; and Nancy Coleman, executive director of the ABA Commission on Law and Aging.
The conference includes an inside look at the influence of elderly voters on elections by Matthew A. Towery, co-founder and chairman of InsiderAdvantage.com in Atlanta, Ga.
Other sessions include:
The Future of Aging – Global Perspectives
- Sue Field, senior research assistant, The Centre for Elder Law, University of West Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Dr. Israel Doron, Haifa University, Department of Gerontology, Haifa, Israel
- Helen Meenan, Jean Monnet Chair in European Law at Kingston Law School, Surrey, England
Cultural Diversity in an Aging Population
- Carolyn Hill, DuPree Hill & Hill, Clearwater, Fla.
- Felix Hill, DuPree Hill & Hill, Clearwater, Fla.
- Professor Luz Nagle, Stetson University College of Law
- Ann Soden, The Estate and Elder Law Practice of Ann Soden, Montreal, Canada
- Neelofer Syed, LL.M. student, International Law and Business, Stetson University College of Law
Ethics in an Elder Law Practice
- Professor Roberta K. Flowers, director of the Center for Excellence in Advocacy, Stetson University College of Law
- Professor Rebecca C. Morgan, Boston Asset Management Faculty Chair in Elder Law, Stetson University College of Law
For additional information or to register for the conference, please contact Stetson’s Office for Continuing Legal Education at (727) 562-7830 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information is also available at www.law.stetson.edu/cle.
This conference is in place of the International Aging Law and Policy Conference, which was originally scheduled for Nov. 6-7. This conference is being offered as a service of Stetson University College of Law and is intended to provide the legal community greater access to this vital information.
Post date: Nov. 6, 2003
Media contact: Brandi Palmer | email@example.com
727-562-7381 office | 727-430-1580 cell