U.S. Legal System and Trial Advocacy Skills
Professional Certificate Program
International Attorneys: Stetson's certificate program allows you to learn at the No. 1 school for trial advocacy in the U.S. while also enjoying one of the top tourist destinations in the world.
July 21-25 (online)
August 4-15 (on campus)
Stetson's three-week certificate program in U.S. Legal System and Trial Advocacy Skills teaches the fundamentals of the U.S. legal system, legal analysis, and trial advocacy. Participants spend one week completing online coursework and two weeks on Stetson's beautiful campus. This certificate program is designed to help enhance your professional skills and curriculum vitae.
With the U.S. Legal System and Trial Advocacy Skills Professional Certificate Program, students will learn to:
- Become familiar with U.S. torts, constitutional, criminal, and civil law
- Understand the similarities and differences between the U.S. legal system and that of typical civil-law countries
- How to express legal argument orally and in writing
In addition, students will have opportunities to:
- Argue a pretrial motion
- Conduct an opening or closing argument
- Engage a witness in direct and cross examination
- Meet judges, attorneys and participants from around the world
Course instruction will take place online and on campus. The online component of the course will include an orientation to the U.S. legal system and exposure to substantive areas of U.S. law. The live course components will focus on legal and trial advocacy skills. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Stetson Law will provide transportation for:
- An optional visit to Orlando and Disney World
- Field trips to Pinellas County Correctional Center and the Second District Court of Appeals
How to Apply
To apply for enrollment, please submit an online application.
Participants will be selected on a rolling basis. Limited space is available.
Why Visit Tampa Bay, Florida?
Need more reasons? Check out:
$2,000 (includes course fee, materials, legal field trips, and some meals)
Selected participants will be sent information on how to make payment.