Free for Students- 4/2-4/3 Clearwater Bar Oyster Roast
If you are interested in practicing in the Clearwater/Pinellas County area and would like to network and meet potential employers, colleagues, and judges, the students at Stetson University College of Law have been invited to participate in the 77th Annual Clearwater Bar Association’s Oyster Roast as a student volunteer. The Oyster Roast is being held on the Grounds of Florin Roebig, P.A., 777 Alderman Road, Palm Harbor, FL.
The Oyster Roast is an event held annually by the Clearwater Bar Association where local attorneys and judges put aside the adversarial process, “kick off their shoes,” and enjoy food and drinks from local vendors. In addition to being a great time, it can be a unique opportunity for law students to socialize with practicing attorneys and judges.
This year, as they have in the past, they are inviting law students to attend for FREE (yes, free!) if they assist with the cleanup process. There are a limited number of volunteer spots available, so if this is something that you or your organization is interested in participating in, please contact Caitlein Jammo or Jason Lambert (information below) as quickly as possible. The volunteer spots will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please include the following in your email:
- Name, address, and phone number;
- Your law school;
- Are you a student-member of the Clearwater Bar Association? (We encourage all student-volunteers to sign up for the Clearwater Bar Association. There is not a membership fee for student-members and this is a great way to connect with the local legal community);
- Are you available for cleanup on:
- a. The night of the Oyster Roast (Saturday, April 2, 2016 3:30-10:00 p.m.);
- The morning after the Oyster Roast (Sunday, April 3, 2016, 10 a.m.-Noon); or c. Both?
We ask that you only offer to volunteer for time slots if you are genuinely able to attend, as we will be depending on your help.
Jason Lambert, Esq. firstname.lastname@example.org (727) 787-3121
Caitlein Jammo, Esq. email@example.com (727) 461-1818
Post date: February 16, 2016, in Students,