Electronic Fingerprinting Opportunity on Campus for Florida Bar Applicants
The Florida Board of Bar Examiners requires all applicants to be fingerprinted electronically by L-1 Identity Solutions. You must arrange to be fingerprinted as part of your submission of a Bar application, Student Registration, or CLI Registration. Processing of the application or registration will only begin when the Board has received confirmation (either a receipt provided by you or notification directly from L-1 Identity Solutions) that your fingerprints have been taken or scanned. The fee to have your fingerprints processed by L-1 Identity Solutions is $56.50. Even if you have been electronically fingerprinted for another reason, you must complete a new set of fingerprints expressly for your Bar application.
L-1 Identity Solutions staff will be in the Student Life Office on the Gulfport Campus on Tuesday, November 10, 10:00am – 6:30pm to capture and process student fingerprints.
Students must schedule an appointment and make their payment directly to L-1 Identity Solutions prior to arriving for fingerprinting.
The procedure for registering is:
Please log on to www.identogo.com
- Select the state of Florida
- Select Online Scheduling
- Select English or Española
- Enter your name.
- From the drop down menu please select “FL Board Of Bar Examiners”
- DO NOT ENTER YOUR ZIP CODE! Use the drop down menu to select “SPECIAL PRINT”
- Select-Stetson University College of Law.
- November 10 will be highlighted
- Fill out your demographic data
- Hit “Send Information”
- This will take you to a screen to recap your information and make any necessary corrections. Make sure to FINALIZE your appointment at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your method of payment
- You will be taken to the Epay process for payment capture Select “Pay Without Registering” and continue with the process. The cost for the fingerprinting session is $56.50.
- Print confirmation
Payment must process or the technician will not be able to import your record for printing.
Please make sure you arrive to your appointment with any necessary paperwork and your photo ID. Please note: a photo ID is required before any applicant can be fingerprinted (acceptable forms of photo ID are either state or federally issued, i.e. driver’s license, state ID, passport, military ID, or alien registration card with picture).
Once you have been fingerprinted, the fingerprint technician will transmit the fingerprint records electronically to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE). The fingerprint technician also issues a signed receipt for the fingerprinting service to the applicant.
FDLE processes the background check for the state of Florida. If applicable, Florida Department of Law Enforcement forwards the fingerprint record to the FBI for federal background check processing. When the background check(s) is completed, the results are returned to the appropriate employer/licensing agency.
If at any time you experience problems during your registration, please call our customer service center at 1-800-528-1358 for assistance.
Post date: November 3, 2015, in Students,