Yellow Ribbon Program
Stetson University has committed $800,000 in support of military veterans across all of the University's full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate programs as part of its participation in the GI Bill's Yellow Ribbon Program. Stetson University's College of Law will support an unlimited number of veterans or eligible dependents. Each veteran or eligible dependent receives up to $5,000 per academic year from Stetson Law.
The Post-9/11 GI Bill for Private Schools - the VA will pay the full net cost of all tuition and fees for any approved program up to a maximum of $21,084.89 for the 2015-2016 academic year. For Yellow Ribbon recipients, Stetson Law will support the student with up to $5,000 per year; the VA will match that amount up to the balance of tuition and fees and issue payment directly to the institution.
Yellow Ribbon Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of attending Stetson University College of Law under the Yellow Ribbon program?
1. Significant reduction in tuition and fees paid for law school.
2. After Chapter 33 benefits are applied to tuition and fees (annual cap of $21,084.89), Yellow Ribbon funds are applied to the account. Stetson Law contributes up to $5,000 per year; the VA matches that contribution, dollar for dollar up to the balance of tuition and fees.
3. You may qualify for Basic Living Allowing to cover cost of housing.
4. You could qualify for a books and fees allowance of up to $1,000 a year sent directly to you.
How do I find out if I'm eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program?
Please visit the VA's Yellow Ribbon Program website to determine your eligibility.
If I'm not eligible under the Yellow Ribbon program, do I have benefits under the regular GI Bill?
The Department of Veterans Affairs has complete information on the GI Bill website.
I live in another state - can I still attend Stetson and receive Yellow Ribbon benefits?
Absolutely. You can live anywhere in the world and still receive Stetson education benefits.
What are Stetson's admissions requirements for Yellow Ribbon participants?
The same standards apply for anyone seeking admission to Stetson University College of Law. Please visit Admissions for a complete guide to admissions at Stetson.
What steps do I have to go through to apply to Stetson as a Yellow Ribbon participant?
1. Review the VA's Yellow Ribbon website. This site gives you instructions regarding eligibility and applying for your Certificate of Eligibility through the Department of Veterans Affairs. NOTE: You must start the process by applying for your Certificate of Eligibility through the VA. You may wish to seek assistance from your base Education Specialist, Family Readiness Center, or from your VA representative.
2. Apply to Stetson and be accepted as a student.
3. Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, please fax, email, mail, or hand deliver the certificate to:
Stetson University College of Law
Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning
1401 - 61st Street South
Gulfport, FL 33707-3299
4. Request the Yellow Ribbon application be sent to you. Complete the application and email, fax, or drop it off to the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning as soon as possible.
Does Stetson cap the number of military personnel it accepts under Yellow Ribbon?
Stetson University College of Law will support an unlimited number of eligible veterans under the Yellow Ribbon Program. By participating in this program, Stetson Law agrees to provide contributions during the current academic year and all subsequent academic years in which the College of Law is participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program and the student maintains satisfactory progress, conduct, and attendance. Stetson also agrees to provide contributions to eligible individuals who apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program, regardless of the rate at which the individual is pursuing training in any given academic year.