2018 Professional Development Conference:
Campus to Career
Friday, Jan. 19, 2018 | Gulfport Campus
Realize your fullest potential and reach your educational, life, and career goals. Join us at the 2018 Professional Development Conference: Campus to Career to strengthen your knowledge and skills in the following competency areas:
- Time Management
- Professional Standards of Conduct
- How to Disagree
The 2018 Professional Development Conference: Campus to Career will be at the Gulfport campus during the afternoon of Jan. 19, 2018. Designed exclusively for Stetson Law students, the conference will be jam-packed with expert speakers, breakout sessions for in-depth exploration, and keynote lectures providing guidance on how to achieve success as you go from campus to your future professional career.
This second annual conference is focused on helping Stetson students make good choices for the remainder of law school and beyond. The conference will help you to discover where you want to go and the best way for you to get there. Early and effective engagement of our law students on campus and with the legal community ensures a better and more enriched law school and professional development experience.
Opening Keynote Speaker:
Gregory W. Coleman B.A. '85, J.D. '89
Partner | Critton, Luttier & Coleman LLP
Greg Coleman will share his perspectives and experiences navigating his professional journey, and offer advice for how to use those experiences (the good and the challenging) in learning to lead.
- Past-President of The Florida Bar
- Three-time President’s Award winner, given to lawyers by The Florida Bar
- Member of the Florida Judicial Qualifications Committee
- Florida Super Lawyer, AV-Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, named in Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
Closing Keynote Speaker:
Bemetra L. Simmons
Senior Private Banker | Wells Fargo
Bemetra Simmons has built her own brand — a skill she shares with budding professionals who value making a difference in their community for themselves and others.
- Co-founder of Corporate Homie, a community that helps women and minorities to be successful in corporate America
- Finalist, Tampa Bay “2017 Business Woman of the Year”
- Board of Trustees for Christian Brothers University, Community Tampa Bay, City of Tampa’s Police Review Board
- Commissioner, Tampa Housing Authority
More information to be posted soon.
For assistance or additional information, please email PDConference@law.stetson.edu or call the Career and Professional Development Office at 727-562-7815.