How to Manage Your Time
The following tips can help you manage your time:
- Keep a calendar
- Identify your most productive times of day; plan the most academically challenging tasks for these times.
- Enter all activities, from school responsibilities to recreation into your calendar. Stick to your calendar.
- Avoid merely entering "study time" on your calendar. Be specific: list goals for each hour, such as the casebook pages you plan to read or problems you plan to complete.
- Plan study breaks to reward yourself for study goal completion.
- Weekly, if not daily, review your study plan and modify it in light of your accomplishments.
- Develop self-discipline in your personal life and seek ways to let that discipline extend into your professional life.
- Work with a partner/mentor who will hold you accountable for the items entered on your schedule, especially for the first few weeks after you begin your schedule.