Trial Team - Prospective Members
Students become members of the Trial Team by demonstrating their skills during a competition tryout process that is conducted just prior to the start of fall classes. Students who possess a drive for excellence and wish to hone their advocacy skills are strongly encouraged to seek membership on the Trial Team.
- Must have completed Research and Writing II.
- Must have two full semesters remaining (NOT including the summer semester). The semester in which you are currently enrolled counts as one semester.
- Must have completed Evidence with at least a grade of 2.5, be enrolled in Evidence in the fall, or be eligible to be enrolled in Evidence in the fall.
- Must have completed Trial Advocacy with at least a grade of 3.0, be enrolled in Trial Ad in the fall, or be eligible to be enrolled in Trial Ad in the fall.
- If an advocate, who will be enrolled in either or both Trial Ad and Evidence in the fall of 2015, does not earn a grade equal to or above the minimum listed above, he or she may later be dropped from the team.
- Must have a graduation date of May 2016 or later. Current Trial Team members who were selected in 2014, and will be graduating in December 2015, will still be eligible for the fall semester.
- Must be in good academic standing.
You must meet the above requirements and be willing to commit the time, energy and dedication to become a member of this championship team. Students selected for the team are given the opportunity to compete in state, regional and national mock trial competitions.
The competition try out consists of three parts:
- Preliminary Round Tryout – based on the judges’ rating of your performance, students are selected from the preliminary round to continue onto the final round.
- Final Round Tryout – based on the judges’ rating of your performance, you may be invited to participate in the Trial Team Boot Camp.
- Boot Camp - based on the judges' rating of your performance, you may be invited to participate in the Boot Camp.