Center for Excellence in Advocacy
The Center for Excellence in Advocacy promotes the continuing development of unparalleled advocacy skills through teaching, scholarship and research.
Stetson Law's Advocacy Resource Center offers instruction to a worldwide audience through online video presentations by experts in the field of advocacy.
The Stetson Law community is committed to the concept of the complete advocate - one who commands a superior understanding of the law, the ability to persuasively present evidence, and the humanity to know when to do the right thing.
For more information, please contact us at 727-562-7317. See Advocacy at a Glance for an overview of the numerous strengths of our advocacy program.
- Certificate of Concentration in Advocacy
- Certificate of Concentration in Social Justice Advocacy
- Clinics and Externships
- Advocacy Skills Courses
- Joint J.D./LL.M. Degree
- Online LL.M. in Advocacy
Student Competition Teams (Advocacy Board)
- Dispute Resolution (DR) Board
- Trial Team
- Moot Court Board
- Competition Schedule
- Advocacy Board Tryout Information
- Advocacy Resource Center
- NCSTL: National Clearinghouse for Science, Technology and the Law
- Stetson Journal of Advocacy and the Law
Stetson Advocacy Competitions
- National Pretrial Competition
- ABA Law Student Division Regional Negotiation Competition
- International Environmental Moot Court Competition
Stetson Advocacy Conferences
- Educating Advocates: Teaching Advocacy Skills
- Advanced Legal Storytelling: The Persuasive Use of the Law, Skill and Art of Advocacy
Nation's Best in Advocacy
Stetson Law has again been ranked first in the nation for trial advocacy by U.S. News and World Report. Effective advocacy is one of a successful lawyer's most important skills, and Stetson's commitment to teaching advocacy is unmatched.
Excellence in Competition
No law school can match Stetson's record during the past three decades of interscholastic competition:
• Ranked #1 for advocacy 19 times by U.S. News
• 5 world titles
• 71 national championships
• 82 regional championships
• 40+ state championships
• 50+ best briefs
•150+ best advocate/oralist awards
Statistics are listed as of Feb. 13, 2018, and only include top awards for each competition.
Our Center provides learning opportunities across a broad continuum, and if you are serious about finding your own unique voice as an advocate for others, then let me bid you welcome to a place where you will immediately feel at home.
» Read More
VIDEO: What is Advocacy?