Charles A. Dana Building
The nation's first elder-friendly courtroom opened in the Charles A. Dana Building in 2005. Dedicated by Governor LeRoy Collins in 1958, the Charles A. Dana Library had previously served as the law school's main library for 40 years. In 1960, the library collection was under 30,000 volumes.
By 1961, the library collection had passed the 41,000 mark, with most of the growth attributed to donations by alumni and friends. An addition to the library was completed in 1973, providing over 29,000 square feet of carpeted floor space. The building also houses the Govoni-Staunton Suite of offices for the Center for Excellence in Elder Law.