Mission, Vision, Goals and Core Values
The Stetson University Center at Celebration's mission is to:
- Serve the stakeholders of the university - individuals, organizations and communities - by providing a broad range of educational and cultural opportunities and services that increase educational access and link the expertise of the university with the needs of society.
- Become a catalyst and enabler of continuous learning - reaching out to diverse constituencies, identifying issues and opportunities, engaging and integrating the intellectual resources of the university. and delivering effective educational responses and technology solutions to improve the organizations and quality of life within the central Florida area and beyond.
- Meet the needs of mid-career professionals who seek high-quality, postgraduate education and professional development in a personalized and responsive institution.
- Extend the expertise and resources of the university to advance educational and arts opportunities and improve the quality of life within the central Florida area.
Stetson University sees the Center at Celebration:
- as a nationally recognized and utilized educational and cultural resource related to education, counseling, the arts, business and technology.
- as a collaborative, intellectual community distinguished by partnerships with educational institutions and businesses through agreements that enable participants, faculty and staff to benefit from programs and instruction focused on workplace applications.
- as a recognized culture of innovation where faculty, facilitators and trainers are noted for utilizing new and varied instructional approaches in programs that value and cultivate creativity.
- initiate and conduct high quality programs in the arts, education, counseling, business and technology that enhance the Stetson University reputation for educational quality and relevance;
- invest in preparation for the future through integrated and experimental uses of technology as assets for the demonstration of student knowledge, to enhance teaching and learning and to provide increased access to information;
- strive for distinction in business education, entertainment arts, information technology, educational reform and counselor preparation at graduate, certificate and continuing education levels;
- integrate knowledge, expertise, and technology with the state's citizens, organizations and businesses
- model use of the most innovative and effective educational methods of instruction:
- To provide personalized and individually responsive instruction,
- To explore and promote positive and collaborative educational partnerships with other educational institutions and businesses,
- To offer new and innovative courses, delivery systems and degree programs that prepares our students for the increasingly demanding challenges of this rapidly changing world.
- build a reputation for excellence in delivering technology programs to attract organizations and businesses that want to be associated with a model of technological excellence;
- establish Stetson University as a leader in innovative graduate learning in the southeast;
- contribute to the quality of life of Celebration and the surrounding community;
- accomplish our mission with financial and organizational efficiency;
- assess our progress, performance and achievements to improve our success
We seek to be an organization that:
- is committed to excellence by adding value to the participants;
- exemplifies effective partnerships, teamwork, continuous learning and improvement;
- creates and sustains a supportive environment for all faculty and staff;
- provides leadership for lifelong learning and distance education, personal enrichment and professional development through shared visions with faculty;
- reaches out beyond the borders of the campus to create access to the resources of the university for a comprehensive and integrated approach to assisting individuals, organizations and communities with solution-driven outcomes;
- integrates all the resources of the university in a seamless web that promotes its reputation as a true leader in higher education;
- is committed to the university's values and goals of diversity.