Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and Fees
Effective fall 2015, tuition and fees are combined in a per credit-hour rate rather than charged separately. The cost per credit hour, which includes applicable tuition, general fee and technology fee for the 2014-2015 academic year is as follows:
- DeLand: $943 per credit hour
- Celebration: $920 per credit hour
- Gulfport: $943 per credit hour
Some options for financing your education include:
- Check with your employer to explore the availability and use of tuition assistance benefits. Many organizations will offer some level of financial support.
- You may qualify for federal Stafford loans through the university's Office of Student Financial Planning. The steps to take to apply for federal loans can be found below.
- Explore student loans offered through outside financial institutions.
- You may find that the best option is through private funding or personal funds, if such funds are available to you.
New students should follow these steps to request financial aid:
- Register for a federal student aid PIN by visiting http://www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN will be used to electronically sign the FAFSA. It may take up to one week to receive your PIN.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year of enrollment. Students starting classes in the fall 2014 semester through the summer 2015 semester should submit the 2013 FAFSA, which is available beginning on January 1, 2014. Include Stetson University's federal school code, 001531, when completing the FAFSA. Use your federal student aid PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Visit My Stetson to check on the status of your financial aid award, review outstanding/satisfied requirements and accept or decline your aid.
- To accept or decline your aid, please follow these steps:
- Log in to My Stetson.
- Click on "Financial Aid" at the top of the page.
- Click on the "Financial Aid Status" link.
- Click on "Awarded." (e.g., you have been awarded financial aid which totals $7,500.)
- Log in to My Stetson.
- Click on "Financial Aid" at the top.
- Click on the "Eligibility" link.
- Click on "Student Requirements" from the list.
If you have questions about federal student aid, please contact the university's Office of Financial Aid at 386-822-7120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.