J.D./M.B.A. Financial Aid
J.D./M.B.A. tuition for 2013-2014 academic year:
- $2,721 (assessed per 3 M.B.A. credit hours)
Students who enroll in the J.D./M.B.A. program should contact the Stetson Law Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a loan increase form should they wish to borrow additional federal student loans over their J.D. cost of attendance budget to cover M.B.A. tuition charges. Students should not expect to receive additional living expense funds while concurrently enrolled in M.B.A. classes.
Financial aid for J.D./M.B.A students is available.
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans: these loans are available to eligible students who apply for federal aid using the FAFSA application. Students may qualify for up to $10,250 in Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loans every semester. With unsubsidized loans, the interest accrues while the student attends law school. The interest rate is fixed at 5.41 percent for loans disbursed on or after July 1, 2013 and before July 1, 2014. The origination fee is 1.072 percent. Borrowers receive a six-month grace period following graduation or from the time their enrollment falls below five credit hours.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loans: A student can borrow up to the cost of education minus the Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. To be eligible for this loan, students must have acceptable credit. Direct Loans sets credit criteria according to their own policy independent of the College of Law. The interest rate is fixed at 6.41 percent for loans disbursed on or after July 1, 2013 and before July 1, 2014. The origination fee is 4.288 percent. There is no grace period on this loan; however, Direct Loans grants an automatic six-month deferment. For further information, email email@example.com.
Note: You must be enrolled in the minimum number of hours specified by the policy on Eligibility to Receive Financial Aid and meet all other eligibility requirements to receive Federal Stafford and/or Graduate PLUS loans.
Application for Financial Aid
- Register for a federal student aid PIN by visiting http://www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN will be used to electronically sign the FAFSA. It may take up to one week to receive your PIN.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year of enrollment. Students starting classes in the Fall 2013 semester through the Summer 2014 semester should submit the 2013-2014 FAFSA, which is available beginning on January 1, 2013. Include Stetson University College of Law's federal school code, E00342, when completing the FAFSA. Use your federal student aid PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA.
- Once you have completed the FAFSA, contact the Office of Admissions and Student Financial Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an email outlining your eligibility and how to apply for loans.
If you have questions about federal student aid, please contact the Stetson University College of Law Student Financial Planning office at 727-562-7813 or email@example.com.