Applications are accepted year-round for entry to the program in any semester: fall, spring or summer. All application materials must be submitted no less than 45 days (90 days for international applicants) before the start of the semester in which the applicant would like to begin the program. Application decisions will not be made until all application materials are received; conditional admissions will not be granted. Late applications will be accepted as time permits, but applications submitted less than 30 days (60 days for international applicants) before the start of the semester will automatically be deferred to the next semester.
Please send all application materials to the address at right. Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-822-7100 with any questions regarding the admission process.
The application procedures for the J.D./M.B.A. and M.B.A. programs are the same, but the J.D./M.B.A. program has additional requirements before you may apply to the M.B.A. program.
All applicants to the J.D./M.B.A. program must first complete the admission requirements for the Stetson University College of Law; at the end of your first year of studies you may apply to the M.B.A. program. You must be independently accepted into both programs.
For detailed information, please see the J.D./M.B.A. program page.
- Application for Admission - A $50 matriculation fee is required for students applying to the M.B.A. program; the matriculation fee can be paid online.
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts - Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Students whose most recent attending institution is Stetson University may omit this step.
- GMAT Scores - Your GMAT scores should be sent directly from the GMAC testing center to Stetson University.
- References - At least three persons (named on the application) must mail letters of recommendation to Stetson University.
- Medical Statement - Applicants for admission must complete and submit the medical statement form online.
- Photograph - All applicants must submit a photograph for use on their student ID card. The photograph will not be used in any way to influence the application decision.
- Resume - All applicants must submit a current resume to Stetson University.
The following additional requirements apply to international applicants:
Submit your transcripts
Official transcripts from the colleges and universities you attended are required. If the grading and evaluation system used by your education system differ from those used by the United States education system, you must provide official translation and a course-by-course evaluation to Stetson University. Please use one of the following evaluation services for your course-by-course evaluation:
- World Educational Services
22 Prince St.
New York, NY 10012
- Josef Sliny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Ave.
Miami, FL 33173
Take an English proficiency test
All applicants for admission whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit a combined scored of 550 or better on the paper-based test (new scoring of 213 or better) or 80 or better on the Internet-based test. Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies for additional information; the office's contact information is at right.
Submit additional medical information
Upon admission to the program, all international applicants must submit an additional student medical report before registering for classes. Proof of insurance, or the ability to purchase student insurance is also required.
Submit immigration forms
Upon admission, the Department of International Learning will assist students in obtaining a student visa. To issue the U.S. Immigration Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility," the department must have on file acceptable documentation and evidence showing that the admitted student has funds to pay for the first year of study at Stetson University. The student should keep a copy of this financial documentation as he/she will need to present it at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate as part of the visa application procedure. Please contact the department at 386-822-8165 or email@example.com with questions regarding this step.
Please send all necessary documentation to the Department of International Learning at:
- Department of International Learning
421 North Woodland Boulevard
DeLand, Florida 32723
If you will need assistance in finding housing or would like to explore student housing options, please contact the Stetson University Office of Housing and Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-822-7201.