Stetson University's Graduate Admissions office accepts applications for all graduate business programs on a rolling basis. In order to prepare you for admission to your program of choice, the priority application dates listed below secure first priority for class registration. The final application date ensures that your application will be reviewed in a timely fashion and given ample time for class registration and managing tuition and funding options.
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Priority application date: Monday, March 24, 2014
- International application final date: Monday, March 10, 2014
- Final application date: Monday, April 14, 2014
- Classes begin: May 12, 2014
- Priority application date: Monday, April 21, 2014
- International application final date: TBD
- Final application date: Monday, July 21, 2014
- Classes begin: August 18, 2014
Required Application Materials
- Application for Admission
- $50 application fee
- GMAT Scores
- Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Resume - listing your professional and educational history, including any honors, certifications, designations, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Statement - addressing your career goals, your reasons for pursuing this graduate degree, and why you want to attend the Stetson University School of Business Administration.
Consideration of admission to the M.Acc. program is dependent upon the completion of an application file with required documents listed above, as well as satisfactory completion of the following accounting courses.
Application materials should be sent to Stetson University:
Stetson University Office of Graduate Admissions
421 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, Florida 32723
The following additional requirements apply to international applicants:
Submit your transcripts
Official transcripts from your undergraduate degree are required. Transfer students are required to submit transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended as well as a listing of courses in progress that includes course names, course numbers and numbers of credit hours.
If the grading and evaluation system used by your education system differ from those used by the United States education system, you must provide official translation and a course-by-course evaluation of at least three years of high school and grade-point average computation. Please use one of the following evaluation services for your course-by-course evaluation:
World Educational Services
22 Prince St.
New York, NY 10012
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Ave.
Miami, FL 33173
Take an English proficiency test
All applicants for admission whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit a scored of 90 or better on the Internet-based test or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and submit a score of 7.0. Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies for additional information; the office's contact information is at right.
Submit immigration forms
Upon admission, WORLD: International Learning will assist students in obtaining a student visa. To issue the U.S. Immigration Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility," the department must have on file acceptable documentation and evidence showing that the admitted student has funds to pay for the first year of study at Stetson University. The student should keep a copy of this financial documentation as he/she will need to present it at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate as part of the visa application procedure. Please contact the department at 386-822-8165 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding this step.
Please send all necessary documentation to WORLD: International Learning at:
- Department of International Learning
421 North Woodland Boulevard
DeLand, Florida 32723
Accounting Foundation Courses
The following five accounting foundation courses are required of all applicants:
- Individual Income Tax
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I and II
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
In addition, the following three accounting foundation courses are required of all applicants to the online program:
- Accounting Information Systems (or a suitable C.I.S./M.I.S. course)
- Advanced Accounting
- Corporate Tax