Applicants must have completed a bachelor's degree in accounting or business from a regionally accredited university and have completed the business and accounting foundation courses listed below with a "C" or better.
Successful candidates generally have an undergraduate and accounting GPA of at least 3.0 and a GMAT score of at least 520; however, meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Other factors are also considered, such as: work experience, extracurricular activities, strength of personal/professional recommendations and personal statement.
- Business finance
- Principles of financial accounting
Accounting Foundation Courses
The following five accounting foundation courses are required of all applicants:
- Individual Income Tax
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I and II
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
In addition, the following three accounting foundation courses are required of all applicants to the online program:
- Accounting Information Systems (or a suitable C.I.S./M.I.S. course)
- Advanced Accounting
- Corporate Tax
Applying for Admission
Apply for Admission
Complete and submit the online application for admission.
Pay the Matriculation Fee
A $50 non-refundable matriculation fee is required of all applicants. The fee may be paid online or a check made payable to Stetson University may be mailed to the mailing address at right.
Submit the Supplemental Materials
The supplemental admission materials are as follows:
- GMAT score: Your GMAT scores should be mailed directly from the testing center (G.M.A.C.) to the Office of Admission.
- Medical statement: You must complete and submit the online medical statement form.
- Photograph: You must submit a digital photograph to email@example.com for use on your Stetson University ID card. Please note that this photograph will not be used in any way to influence our admission decision.
- References: You must provide three personal or professional references. List the three people who will be supplying your references on your application provide each with the Recommendation for Graduate Study form.
- Resume: Please email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal statement: Please email a personal statement outlining your career goals, reasons for pursuing graduate studies and why you want to attend Stetson University's School of Business Administration to email@example.com.
- Transcripts: Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate institution you've attended must be mailed directly from the institution to the Office of Admission. Copies and unsealed envelopes are unacceptable.
Your application will not be considered complete until all application materials have been submitted.
Transfer of Credit
Stetson University's master of accountancy programs require a basic foundation in business administration and accounting courses. Foundation requirements may be satisfied by transfer credit from accredited institutions.
Coursework taken by applicants as part of their undergraduate curriculum may be applied to the foundation requirements if the coursework is comparable and if the applicant earned a course grade of a C or higher. After admission to a graduate program, any foundation course may be satisfied by transfer of a comparable course credit from an accredited institution.
Advanced course requirements are ordinarily to be taken at Stetson University. Transfer of credit for graduate course requirements may be granted only through special exception authorized by the graduate committee of the School of Business Administration, and will be considered only at the time of initial application to the program or at the close of the student's program in the event of a job-related transfer.