Applying for Admission to the DeLand Program
Stetson University's Graduate Admissions office accepts applications for all graduate business programs on a rolling basis. In order to prepare you for admission to your program of choice, the priority application dates listed below secure first priority for class registration. The final application date ensures that your application will be reviewed in a timely fashion and given ample time for class registration and managing tuition and funding options.
We look forward to receiving your application!
- Priority application date: Monday, October 7, 2013
- International application final date: November 18, 2013
- Final application date: Monday, December 16, 2013
- Classes begin: January 13, 2014
- Priority application date: Monday, March 24, 2014
- International application final date: Monday, March 10, 2014
- Final application date: Monday, April 14, 2014
- Classes begin: May 12, 2014
- Priority application date: Monday, April 21, 2014
- International application final date: TBD
- Final application date: Monday, July 21, 2014
- Classes begin: August 18, 2014
Please note that Stetson University has partnered with Envision Enrollment, an online application service for graduate school admissions. By creating an online account through Envision Enrollment, you will be able to:
- Check the status of your application through the admissions process.
- Have your transcripts, letters of recommendation and other documents required by the program for admission processed and assembled quickly for graduate admission committee review.
Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or call 386-822-7100 with any questions regarding the admission process.
Required Application Materials
- Application for Admission
- $50 application fee
- GMAT Scores
- Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Resume - listing your professional and educational history, including any honors, certifications, designations, etc.
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Statement - addressing your career goals, your reasons for pursuing this graduate degree, and why you want to attend the Stetson University School of Business Administration.
Consideration of admission to the M.Acc. program is dependent upon the completion of an application file with required documents listed above, as well as satisfactory completion of the following accounting courses.
Application materials should be sent to Envision Enrollment; see directions on the application portal for details.
The following additional requirements apply to international applicants:
Submit your transcripts
Official transcripts from the colleges and universities you attended are required.
- Logging into your Envision Enrollment account, go to the Credentials Tab and select the Overview option. Click the Add/Submit Institutions button.
- Identify the type of institutions you attended and click the Add International Institution button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the information requested about your institution. Note: If you attended more than one institution, repeat this step for each institution attended.
- Once you've entered the information for all of the institutions you've attended, review the list of institutions attended and click the Confirm button.
- Print two copies of the International Transcript Request Form:
- Submit one copy to the Registrar or other official person at the institution you attended. The Registrar or other official will send a copy of your official academic records in the native language directly to Envision Enrollment.
- Submit the other copy to Envision Enrollment along with the documents you have (the student issued documents and the translation).
Take an English proficiency test
All applicants for admission whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit a scored of 90 or better on the Internet-based test or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and submit a score of 7.0. Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies for additional information; the office's contact information is at right.
Submit immigration forms
Upon admission, WORLD: International Learning will assist students in obtaining a student visa. To issue the U.S. Immigration Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility," the department must have on file acceptable documentation and evidence showing that the admitted student has funds to pay for the first year of study at Stetson University. The student should keep a copy of this financial documentation as he/she will need to present it at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate as part of the visa application procedure. Please contact the department at 386-822-8165 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding this step.
Please send all necessary documentation to WORLD: International Learning at:
- Department of International Learning
421 North Woodland Boulevard
DeLand, Florida 32723
Accounting Foundation Courses
The following five accounting foundation courses are required of all applicants:
- Individual Income Tax
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I and II
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
In addition, the following three accounting foundation courses are required of all applicants to the online program:
- Accounting Information Systems (or a suitable C.I.S./M.I.S. course)
- Advanced Accounting
- Corporate Tax