About the School of Business Administration
The study of business has been an important part of the Stetson University curriculum since 1897, longer than at any other Florida college. School of Business Administration students and faculty study in existing and emerging markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia as part of a curriculum designed to enhance scholarship and mentorship. Students learn theory and practical applications and graduate fully prepared to establish successful, meaningful careers in the global marketplace.
The School of Business Administration and the accounting program are both fully accredited at the undergraduate and graduate levels by the AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Stetson University is one of a handful of elite business schools that has both business and accounting programs accredited by AACSB International.
Retention, Enrollment and Graduation Statistics
In compliance with Council on High Education Accreditation (CHEA) requirements, these reports provide trend data on the number of students enrolled in the Stetson University School of Business Administration degree programs and on student achievement, as indicated by the number of students graduating in those programs and our overall Retention and Graduation rates.
We at the Stetson University School of Business Administration have created a learning community of faculty, students and business practitioners. As a student-centered, premiere private business school, we develop educational partnerships that open minds and open doors.
For Our Students
- We offer high levels of interaction and experiential learning in an academically rigorous small class environment.
- We foster faculty-student mentoring partnerships that extend beyond the classroom.
- We share a pervasive commitment to social and ethical responsibility, leadership development and lifetime learning.
- We believe that a solid grounding in the liberal arts, capped by extensive professional training, offers the best academic preparation for lives and careers.
For Our Faculty
- We believe in the primacy of the teaching function; instruction by full-time faculty is our principal focus.
- We encourage research and scholarly activity that reinforce and support innovative teaching.
- We realize that faculty and staff are our most important resources and we support their academic, professional and personal development.
- We recognize that our programs add to the academic and professional development of both students and faculty.
For the Business Community
- We are committed to making our teaching and research applicable to the real world.
- We believe in ongoing interaction with business professionals as we seek continuous improvement, cutting-edge approaches and relevance in all that we do.
- We value service that draws students and faculty closer to the business, the university and the broader community.
For the Entire Learning Community
- We value collegiality, collaboration, excellence and pride in our working relationships and environments.
- We are committed to making our programs worthy of continuing national recognition.
The underlying theme of Stetson University's business education is the belief that modern business managers must have decision-making skills. We believe these are best developed through problem-solving, case studies, discussions and the study of analytical techniques. Specific course offerings are designed to show students how the business system functions and how specific skills and techniques enable them to play an active role in the business world. Our goal is to prepare graduates for productive and satisfying careers within a wide range of businesses and organizations that, due to the renowned caliber of Stetson's alumni, are ready to accept them with open arms.