Frequently Asked Questions
- When was Stetson University founded?
- Is Stetson University accredited?
- Is Stetson University public or private?
- Is the Executive MBA offered at the University's main campus?
- Is the Executive MBA program offered online?
- Does Stetson University offer evening or summer sessions?
- What is the deadline for admission?
- What types of students are admitted into the Executive MBA program?
- How does the application process work?
- When will I know if I've been accepted into the program?
- What are the tuition rates?
- Is financial aid available?
- How can I make payments?
- What is the difference between Stetson's MBA and Executive MBA programs?
- How long is the Stetson University Executive MBA Program?
- When will the next class begin?
- When do the classes meet?
- Where are classes held?
- Your program emphasizes "managing the creative organization." What does that mean?
- What happens if I don't have a GMAT score?
- What distinguishes the Stetson Executive MBA from other programs?
- Is now the right time to go back to school?
- Can I visit or talk to current students about the program?
Stetson University was founded in 1883.
Yes. The Stetson University School of Business Administration is accredited in accounting and business by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, the highest standard of achievement for business schools. The University itself is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Stetson University is a not-for-profit private university.
No, the Executive MBA program is offered at the University's satellite center in Celebration, Fla. near the Walt Disney World parks and resorts. For more information about Stetson University, please visit the University's About Us website.
No. The Executive MBA program is not offered online. Emphasis in this program is placed on students benefitting from an interactive cohort learning experience, with students completing their degree together.
Classes in the Executive MBA program meet every other weekend on Friday and Saturday during the day. However, the Stetson University MBA program offers evening classes and summer sessions.
Cohorts begin in August. We ask that applications be submitted with all supporting materials to the program coordinator by July 1.
The Stetson University Executive MBA accepts students from a broad range of professional backgrounds, including: corporate executives, entrepreneurs, physicians, engineers, public sector employees and people working in non-profit organizations. What they share is substantial professional experience. Students typically have at least four years of significant professional experience and are actively pursuing career advancement.
Applicants complete an online application form while procuring additional admission materials. The review committee will review completed application and identify viable candidates for an interview, preferably in-person, but alternately by phone. More information can be found on the admission page.
We admit students on a rolling basis following review of application materials and an interview. Applicants will be informed as soon as an admission decision has been reached by the review committee.
The Executive MBA program is priced as a complete package; tuition is guaranteed not to increase for students who remain in the program. The total tuition for the Executive MBA program is $61,455. Tuition includes lunches and snacks on class days, a personal Apple iPad, books, materials and an international study trip. The cost per credit hour is $1,205.
Many employers offer tuition reimbursement packages. Please check with your employer to determine the availability of tuition reimbursement; if your employer doesn't this benefit, participants of the Executive MBA program are often eligible for financial aid from various sources.
More information on financial aid can be found at our financial aid page, or by calling 386-822-7120 or 800-688-7120.
You may pay tuition in full, monthly or in four payments over the course of the program. Payments can be made by check or credit card, and online payments are available through the My Stetson online student portal.
Stetson University offers two M.B.A. options in Celebration:
- Professional M.B.A. (evenings from 6 to 9 p.m.) - each course meets weekly and lasts an entire semester - fall, spring and summer
- Executive M.B.A. (alternating Friday/Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) - enrolled in two courses simultaneously, each course is four full-day or eight half-day class sessions
The Professional M.B.A. requires core competencies (prerequisites) or an undergraduate degree in business. The GMAT is also required. This program is structured like an undergraduate program where you pay tuition and are responsible for purchasing your own books, materials, etc. If you have an undergraduate degree in business, there are 10 graduate courses. You sign up for the courses you need so the enrollment in each course varies. If you don't have a business undergraduate degree there are six prerequisites that you must take before the 10 core M.B.A. courses for a total of 16 courses.
The Executive M.B.A. will accept any undergraduate degree, the GMAT is NOT always required; however, four to seven years of management experience is required. This is an all-inclusive program. Tuition includes books, materials, Apple iPad, a ten day international trip, meals on class days and concierge services. This program includes leadership development and a cohort and career coach to guide your professional and personal development. The program is is cohort-based- you start and finish the program together. There are 17 courses in all.
The program takes 19 months to complete.
Executive MBA cohorts begin each year in August. To ensure course quality and academic strength, the class size is limited to 25. Only one group of Executive MBA students starts each year.
After a one-weekend intensive, classes meet every other weekend on Fridays and Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Before class begins we will publish the date of every class for the entire program. This helps our students to plan and to incorporate class into their work and personal schedules.
All classes are held at the Stetson University Center at Celebration, which is located at 800 Celebration Avenue, Suite 104, Celebration, Fla.
Our program, designed with creative input from Fortune 500 executives, focuses on inspiring innovation and managing change. It is designed to develop and nourish individual innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit, providing the skills essential to seize upon business opportunities and to gain the competitive edge for organizations.
Information regarding the GMAT may be found at http://www.mba.com or by calling 800-717-4628. Applicants may be exempt if they meet the minimum requirement of four years of management experience and obtain the program director's approval.
The following attributes distinguish the Stetson University Executive M.B.A. program from other programs:
- Our curriculum is dynamic, accelerated and integrated.
- All participants are successful and motivated professionals with high-level experience and industry influence.
- Our faculty and staff, along with exceptional participants, create a supportive and productive learning environment.
- The required business plan ensures an immediate and tangible return on your education investment.
- Students don't just enroll in a program- they join a broad and lifelong network of Stetson University MBA graduates that they'll interact with throughout their careers.
- Our program brings in distinguished speakers who share their broad vision and expertise with our students in intimate and informative sessions.
- Our faculty members not only have outstanding academic credentials, but also have significant real-world consulting and international experience.
- You won't find better educational facilities anywhere. Our classrooms have the latest in technology to support teaching and learning.
- Our classes focus on applying proven problem-solving techniques to real organizational scenarios. We work with authentic, not abstract, case studies tailored to our learning objectives.
- We were Florida's first business school and we continue to deliver a first-class, highly accredited, student-centered program that reflects our experience, tradition, values and intimate knowledge of the business world.
- Our AACSB International accreditation: Stetson University is one a handful of institutions accredited in business and accounting.
There has never been a better time to study finance and economics, as Jennifer Small, a Stetson Executive MBA graduate, found out when she studied for her MBA: "The classroom curriculum was naturally adjusted to reflect the challenges of this period, in addressing the tactical, economic, and ethical aspects of the economic meltdown," she says. "I feel these valuable discussions and explorations have given me the tools to anticipate future economic calamities. I feel I've been provided with the means of identifying challenges and problematic trends before they transpire through the thorough examination of examples of past mistakes that led up to this recession. I strongly believe this has made me more forward-thinking in comprehending the importance and relevance of developing contingency plans to survive the economy's many ebbs and flows."
You can read the full article here.
Yes! We hold regular information sessions and open houses, at which prospective students have the opportunity to meet with current students and alumni to learn more about their experiences.
For more information, please email the program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the program office at 321-939-7603.