Educational Leadership Admission
Admission to a program of study requires evidence of the applicant's ability to pursue graduate study and to complete the requirements for the specific degree program. An applicant may take up to six credit hours while seeking admission. To seek admission to a graduate program, a candidate must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year institution.
- Final application date: Thursday, May 1, 2014
- Classes begin: Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Final application date: Friday, August 1, 2014
- Classes begin: Saturday, August 16, 2014
Required Application Materials
- Application for Admission
- $50 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Three letters of recommendation; one of the forms must be completed by the applicant's current principal
- Copy of professional teaching certificate. Applicants that are not fully certified teachers must submit passing scores on the General Knowledge test. Additional coursework may also be required.
- One of the following:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 in upper division courses
- A master's degree from an accredited university
- 12 or more credits of post-baccalaureate work at the 300 level or above with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- If the cumulative GPA is below 3.0, the applicant must score in the 50th percentile or better on the G.R.E. or have a score of 410 on the M.A.T.
Application materials should be sent to Stetson University:
Stetson University Office of Graduate Admissions
421 N. Woodland Blvd.
DeLand, Florida 32723
To ensure adequate review, it is recommended that all application materials are submitted by the final application date stated above. Application decisions will not be made until all application materials are received.
The following additional requirements apply to international applicants:
Submit your transcripts
Official transcripts from your undergraduate degree are required. Transfer students are required to submit transcripts from all colleges and/or universities attended as well as a listing of courses in progress that includes course names, course numbers and numbers of credit hours.
If the grading and evaluation system used by your education system differ from those used by the United States education system, you must provide official translation and a course-by-course evaluation of at least three years of high school and grade-point average computation. Please use one of the following evaluation services for your course-by-course evaluation:
World Educational Services
22 Prince St.
New York, NY 10012
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Ave.
Miami, FL 33173
Take an English proficiency test
All applicants for admission whose native language is not English are required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and submit a scored of 90 or better on the Internet-based test or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and submit a score of 7.0. Please contact the Office of Graduate Studies for additional information; the office's contact information is at right.
Submit immigration forms
Upon admission, WORLD: International Learning will assist students in obtaining a student visa. To issue the U.S. Immigration Form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility," the department must have on file acceptable documentation and evidence showing that the admitted student has funds to pay for the first year of study at Stetson University. The student should keep a copy of this financial documentation as he/she will need to present it at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate as part of the visa application procedure. Please contact the department at 386-822-8165 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding this step.
Please send all necessary documentation to WORLD: International Learning at:
- Department of International Learning
421 North Woodland Boulevard
DeLand, Florida 32723
Information and Interview Sessions
- April 22 at 5:30 p.m. in Celebration
For directions and parking information for both the Center at Celebration and the DeLand campus, please refer to the directions and parking web page.