Admission to a program of study requires evidence of the applicant's ability to pursue graduate study and to complete the requirements for the specific degree program. An applicant may take up to six hours while seeking admission. To seek admission to a graduate program, a candidate must have an acceptable baccalaureate degree.
The graduate committee, composed of program faculty members, makes decisions on all entering graduate students. They attempt to consider the whole person, including: references, work experience and background.
Apart from the application for admission, admission requirements differ between the three Teacher Education graduate programs. To find out more about the specific admission requirements for each program, choose the program you're interested in applying to from the following:
- Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Leadership
- Modified Educational Leadership Certification
To ensure adequate review, it is recommended that all application materials start to be submitted two months prior to the term in which you'd like to begin classes. Application decisions will not be made until all application materials are received.
Information and Interview Sessions
- January 21 at 5:30 p.m. in DeLand
- February 4 at 5:30 p.m. in Celebration
- February 18 at 5:30 p.m. in DeLand
- March 11 at 5:30 p.m. in DeLand
- March 18 at 5:30 p.m. in Celebration
- April 1 at 5:30 p.m. in DeLand
- April 22 at 5:30 p.m. in Celebration
For directions and parking information for both the Center at Celebration and the DeLand campus, please refer to the directions and parking web page.