BASICS: Brief Alcohol Screening & Intervention for College Students: Appointments
What is BASICS? For Information on BASICS Click here:
To Schedule an appointment for BASICS:
Please read all of theinformation below beforecalling to schedule an appointment. This will ensure a quickresponse to your voice message. We try very hard to keep your confidentiality and to get students in for BASICS as quickly as possible.
How do I schedule my appointment?:
1) Call: (386) 822-8900, the Counseling Center, and be sure to say you are calling for BASICS.
2) If you leave a voicemail please leave your first and last name- Spell out your last name.
3) State a phone number you can be called back at to confirm your appointments. This must be a number you are comfortable having a message left at.
4) Fall 2013 time blocks, plan out 1 week, list all the times you are available from the following:
- Monday 12-1
- Tuesday 11-1:00 and 3:00-5:00
- Wednesday 3:00-5:00
- Thursday 9:00-4:30
- Friday 12:00-4:30
5) Your call will be returned within 2 school days.
Example Voice Message you would leave:
"Hi this is Stetson Hatter.My cell number is (888) 444-0000. I would like to schedule a session for Monday August 4th at 12:00 or 3:00 or 4:00. For a second session I would like to schedule a session for Monday August 18th at 3:00 or Tuesday August 19th at1:00 or2:00. Thank you."
Example Response Call:
"This is Nicole at the Department of Wellness & Recreation. We have Stetson Hatter scheduled Monday August 4th at 4:00 and Tuesday August 19th at1:00 in the Hollis Center room 132. If you have any questions please call: (386) 822-8900. Have a good day."
- -If you have an emergency and need to reschedule, call: (386) 822-8900.
-If you miss your first session, you will need to reschedule both sessions.
-Only one reschedule will be allowed per student participating in BASICS.
-If you do not bring the necessary information with you to your second session, it will automatically be rescheduled.
-All sessions are located in: The Hollis Center, Room 132. Please remember to bring your Stetson ID to access the Hollis Center.
- If you have a conflict with Lynn Stadelman, Executive Director of Holistic Wellness serving as your BASICS specialist, arrangements will be made.