Video streaming services such as YouTube or Vimeo allow people to publish their videos online, either publicly or privately, and enable quick and easy sharing of those videos to potentially huge audiences.
What We Offer
This service is available to any official Stetson University entity in accordance with the university's social media policy.
Stetson University primarily uses YouTube and Vimeo for its video streaming needs. If your request is approved, we'll help you to set up a video streaming account, add your videos to the university's existing video streams or link to your video(s) from any official and appropriate university web content.
When you submit your request, you should to be able to answer these questions:
- Why do you need video streaming?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help you meet your goals?
- Who is your audience?
- What message do you want to communicate?
- What kind of feedback do you expect and how will you manage it?
If you decide that video streaming is right for you, then continue to the following steps:
- Determine if your content fits into the video streaming category as described above.
- Determine if you have the resources to regularly create the new content required to maintain vibrancy on a video streaming website.
- Use the Web Services Request form to notify us of your intent. Please explain your goal and how you believe photo streaming will help you to achieve it.
- If approved, we'll recommend the best course of action moving forward.