Social networks connect people to one another. These online communities allow people to join for free, establish a profile and connect with friends, colleagues, causes and interest groups.
What We Offer
This service is available to any official Stetson University entity in accordance with the university's social media policy.
We offer general support to users setting up access to social networks for the first time for the purposes of furthering the university's mission. Social networks include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram and other photo streaming platforms, YouTube and other video streaming platforms, and BlogTalkRadio and other audio streaming platforms.
When you submit your request, you should to be able to answer these questions:
- Why do you think you need social networking?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help you meet your goals?
- Who is your audience?
- What message do you want to communicate?
- What kind of feedback do you expect and how will you manage it?
If you decide that social networking is right for you, then continue to the following steps:
- Determine if your content fits into the type of network you'd like to access.
- Determine if you have the resources needed to maintain vibrancy on a social network.
- Use the Web Service Request form to notify us of your intent. Please explain what your goal is and how you believe the social network will help you to achieve it.
- If approved, we'll recommend the best course of action moving forward.