Web Service: Video Sharing
This service is available to any official Stetson University entity.
What is video sharing?
Video sharing is the publishing or transfer of a user's digital videos to an online medium, which enables the user to share them with others either publicly or privately. This functionality is provided by applications and websites that facilitate the hosting and display of videos. Some of the most common video sharing services are YouTube and Vimeo.
Before Contacting Us
You should to be able to answer these questions:
- Why do you need video sharing?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help you meet your goals?
- Who is your audience?
- Who are you writing to?
- What message do you want to communicate?
- What kind of feedback do you expect and how will you manage it?
If you decide that video sharing is right for you, then continue on.
What We Offer
Stetson University uses YouTube and Vimeo for all its video sharing needs. Upon request and approval, Web Services can either assist the requester in setting up a YouTube or Vimeo account, add the requester's videos to the university's existing YouTube channel or link to the requester's video from any official and appropriate university web content.
- Determine if your content fits into the video sharing category of content.
- Use the Web Service Request form to notify us of your intent. Please explain what your goal is and how you believe video sharing will help you to achieve it.
- If approved, we can either assist you in setting up a YouTube or Vimeo account, add your videos to the university's existing YouTube channel or link to your videos from any official and appropriate university web content.