Web Service: Social Media
This service is available to any official Stetson University entity.
What is social media?
Social media platforms connect people to one another. These online communities allow people to join for free, establish a profile and connect with friends, colleagues, causes and interest groups.
Popular social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr, YouTube and Flickr, among many others. Other websites such as Wikipedia have social aspects to them, but aren't social media platforms.
Before Contacting Us
You should be able to answer these questions:
- Why do you need social media?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help you meet your organizational goals?
- Who is your audience?
- Who are you writing to?
- What message do you want to communicate?
- What kind of feedback do you expect, and how will you manage it?
If you decide that social media is right for you, then continue on.
What We Offer
Web Services offers general support for users in setting up access to all forms of social media. This includes the obvious major social media outlets such as Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, etc., but also all the smaller and more niche ones as well. For a complete list of services offered with regard to social media, visit Web Services' social media section.
- Determine if your content fits into the social media category of content.
- Visit the Web Services' social media section to see which social media venues might best meet your needs.
- Use the Web Service Request form to let Web Services know you'd like to set up access to social media. We'll set up an initial consultation meeting with you to determine whether or not we feel that it's warranted and help you understand what social media entails. Once that's done and we've approved your request, we'll help you with every step in setting up your profile.