Web Service: Photo Sharing
This service is available to any official Stetson University entity.
What is photo sharing?
Photo sharing is the publishing or transfer of a user's digital photos to an online medium, which enables the user to share them with others either publicly or privately. This functionality is provided by applications and websites that facilitate the hosting and display of images. Some of the most common photo sharing services are Flickr, Picasa and Photobucket.
Before Contacting Us
You should to be able to answer these questions:
- Why do you think you need photo sharing?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help you meet your goals?
- Who is your audience?
- With whom do you want to share photos?
- What message do you want to communicate?
- What kind of feedback do you expect and how will you manage it?
If you decide that photo sharing is right for you, then continue on.
What We Offer
Stetson University uses Flicker for all its photo sharing needs. Upon request and approval, Web Services can either assist the requester in setting up a Flickr account, add the requester's photos to the university's existing Flickr photostream or link to the requester's Flickr photostream from any official and appropriate university web content.
- Determine if your content fits into the photo sharing category of content.
- Use the Web Service Request form to notify us of your intent. Please explain what your goal is and how you believe photo sharing will help you to achieve it.
- If approved, we can either assist you in setting up a Flickr account, add your photos to the university's existing Flickr photostream or link to your Flickr photostream from any official and appropriate university web content.