Web Service: Form
This service is available to official Stetson University departments, non-organizational groups and offices.
What is a form?
A form is a web page that allows end users to enter data for submission to a web server; forms can have multiple purposes, including: registrations, surveys, applications or payments. Once the data has been submitted by the user, the server processes, cleans and outputs the data into various formats such as email, spreadsheets or PDFs. Forms can also accept payments via credit card, and may display alternate payment methods if necessary. Online forms typically resemble their paper counterparts due to commonalities in mechanisms such as checkboxes, radio buttons and text fields.
Before Contacting Us
You should to be able to answer these questions:
- Why do you you need a form?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help you meet your organizational goals?
- What does the form look like?
- What fields need to be on the form?
- Which of those fields will be required?
- Who will receive the data and how should it be sent to them?
- What should the subject of the notification email be?
- Where does the form go after the user has been notified it has been submitted?
- When does the form need to be made available and unavailable?
If you decide that a form is right for you, then continue on.
What We Offer
Web Services provides a branded consistent look for all official Stetson University forms. Each form can allow the internal community to pre-populate their basic information from a variety of sources, depending on the form's intended audience. Forms can also accept credit payments if needed. Every form is custom-made, hosted on a secure server and is maintained exclusively by Web Services on behalf of the client.
- Determine what data you wish to collect on your form and which are required fields.
- Determine the format in which you'd like to receive submitted data (available options are email, spreadsheet and PDF).
- Identify who should receive notifications when the form is submitted. Multiple recipients are supported.
- Submit your request using the Web Services Request form. Include items 1-3 in the Request Details field.