Audio streaming is a method of delivering audio over the Internet. It differs from a typical "download" in that instead of having to download a file completely before being able to listen to it, you can listen to the sound as it arrives, which saves you from having to wait for it to finish downloading.
What We Offer
This service is available to any official Stetson University entity in accordance with the university's social media policy. If your request is approved, we'll help you to set up an audio streaming account, add your audio files to the university's existing audio streams or link to your audio file(s) from any official and appropriate university web content.
When you submit your request, you should to be able to answer these questions:
- Why do you think you need audio sharing?
- What problem would it solve?
- How will it help you meet your goals?
- Who is your audience?
- With whom do you want to share audio?
- What message do you want to communicate?
- What kind of feedback do you expect and how will you manage it?
If you decide that audio streaming is right for you, then continue to the following steps:
- Determine if your content fits into the audio streaming category as described above.
- Determine if you have the resources to regularly create the new audio content required to maintain vibrancy on an audio streaming website.
- Use the Web Services Request form to notify us of your intent. Please explain your goal and how you believe audio streaming will help you to achieve it.
- If approved, we'll recommend the best course of action moving forward.