Start a New Organization
Follow these steps to become a Registered Student Organization:
- Meet with Ana Maia, assistant director for leadership and organization development, or stop by on Thursdays from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Qualifications you will need:
- A mission that compliments Stetson University's goals and values (Note: Your organization and it's mission should be unique and should differ from other active and registered student organizations)
- At least three currently enrolled Stetson University student members
- A faculty or staff advisor (must be a full-time employee of Stetson University)
- A constitution for the proposed organization. Here is our standard constitution, which you can edit and use to model your constitution after. If you would like to create a constitution from scratch, please see the non-standard constitution page for more details.
- Fill out an Organization Application Form (similar to a profile) on OrgSync.com.
- Visit OrgSync.com. Log in to your existing account or create a new account if you have not yet registered on OrgSync already. Make sure Stetson University is selected as your community.
- Click on "Browse Organizations."
- Choose "Register New Organization" in the upper right hand corner.
- Select "Registered Student Organizations" as the umbrella (a logo with a green icon holding a flag) and submit query.
- When filling out the form, please make sure your constitution is attached in the appropriate section.
- Complete three "New Officer Training Packets", which need to be filled out by all three officers.
- Once all these steps are completed, email Ana Maia at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedle your final New Org Presentation.
- FINAL STEP: Present at a monthly New Organization Presentation. At least two officers are required to attend this session. We strongly recommend that your advisors attends the session as well (they should not be presenting, only supporting your organization). After this session, you will gain all rights granted to recognized student organizations.
Some exceptions to this process can be made for honorary associations and organizations designed strictly for graduate students.
Please note that this process may take anywhere from two weeks to several months. Every application is reviewed on an individual basis as Student Development and Campus Vibrancy is dedicated to organizational sustainability.