Top Hatter Leadership Awards
Top Hatter Leadership Awards Banquet
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 5 p.m. - Stetson Room*
*Event by invitation only. If you were invited to this event, RSVP here.
Each year, the Stetson University community nominates those students, organizations, faculty and staff in the community who are most deserving of our celebration. These individuals live out Stetson University's core values each and every day.
The Giving Tree Book Award
Given for selfless dedication to a student recipient.
Doyle Elam Carlton's Distinguished Service Award
Given for sustainable change and service to a student recipient.
The Zen Leader Award
Given for holistic wellness to a student recipient.
The Extraordinary Leader Award
Given for on-campus leadership and change initiative to a student recipient.
The Diversity and Inclusivity Award
Given for advocating for a multicultural or under-represented group to a student recipient.
The Little Engine that Could Award
Given for illustrated perseverance in the face of adversity to a first-year or transfer student recipient.
The Greek Leader Award
Given to an outstanding leader in the Greek community and beyond to a student recipient who is a member of a fraternity or sorority.
The Organization Advisor Award
Given to an outstanding advisor of a full-time registered student organization, club sport or honor society.
The Giver Book Award
Given for serving as a positive role model and mentor for students to a faculty or staff recipient.
The Altruistic Mentor Award
Given for outstanding mentorship and supervision to a student or staff supervisor.
The Outstanding Graduate Assistant
Given for incredible work and dedication to the campus and their department to a graduate assistant recipient.
The Outstanding Student Employee
Given for incredible work and dedication to the campus and their department to a student employee recipient.
The Hatter Lifetime Dedication Award
Given to a staff recipient who has shown full commitment and dedication to the Stetson University campus and community.
- Doyle Elam Carlton's Distinguished Service Award: Michelle Vergara
- "Mountains Beyond Mountains" Book Award: Catherine Thuruthiyil
- Altruistic Mentor Award: Nate Burke
- Altruistic Mentor Award: Yolany Gonell
- The Community Builder Award: Alexis Aldamuy
- The Diversity and Inclusivity Award: Jonathan Vidal
- The Chicken Soup for the Soul Award: Susan Ryan
- "The Giver" Book Award: John Tichenor
- "The Giving Tree" Book Award: Shelby Grimes
- The Greek Leader Award: Stephen Schofield
- "Leadership for a Better World" Book Award: Kaleigh Pappas
- "The Little Engine That Could" Book Award: Poorna Selvaraja
- "The Lorax" Book Award: Sasha Pesci
- The Organization Advisor Award: Kevin Winchell
- Outstanding Graduate Assistant: Chelsea Knott
- Outstanding Graduate Assistant: Maggie Sheridan
- Outstanding Student Office Assistant Award: Natalie Faria
- The Phoenix Award: Sonja James-Gaitor
- The Zen Leader Award: Makeda Smith
- The Extraordinary Leader Award: Sarah Merriman
- The Hatter Lifetime Dedication Award: Amy Ammon