Friday, March 28, 2014
2:30 to 7:30 p.m. | Allen Hall, Stetson University (DeLand campus)
The theme for Stetson University's TEDxStetsonU event is "Significance in Action: Creating Learning, Innovation and Happiness." The three concepts focus on:
- Creating learning in a multiplicity of places and life experiences;
- The creating of innovation and how ideas are formulated and brought to fruition, and
- The creating of happiness as a key to living a significant life.
TED, a nonprofit organization with a mission to spread ideas, brings together three different realms of society -- technology, entertainment and design -- to discuss a broad range of ideas for topics and conversations. Stetson University's TEDx event will give the Stetson University and DeLand communities a chance to engage in thought-provoking presentations, comprised of short talks, demonstrations and performances on a variety of topics relating to the theme.
The organizers of the event wish to give special thanks to the Office of Student Development and Campus Vibrancy and to the Office of Boundless Learning.
- Hari Pulapaka, Ph.D. - Actionable Steps Toward a Better Food System
- Kevin Winchell - How to disrupt the status quo with a $50 cooler of soda
- Sam Slaughter - Cannibalizing Friends and Family: Significance in Fiction Writing
- Paul Croce, Ph.D. - Water From a Fire Hose: Information Abundance and Liberal Learning
Tickets are no longer available for this event.
Ticket Policies and Audience Agreement Form
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to and acknowledge the following:
- This ticket is valid for TEDxStetsonU occurring on Friday, March 28, 2014, from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Allen Hall auditorium.
- Doors open at 2 p.m. and seating is first-come, first-serve.
- You must arrive by 2:20 p.m. with a valid ticket to enter. We will open up the doors for wait-listed guests from 2:20 to 2:30 p.m.
- Light refreshments will be provided, free of charge.
- A maximum of two tickets can be obtained per person.
- You will need to present your ticket at the door to be permitted admission to TEDxStetsonU.
- No refunds or exchanges of tickets will be allowed at any time.
- Tickets are categorized as faculty/staff, student and community guests. There is a limited number of each and no extras will be sold until the day of the event.
- No video cameras or recording devices of any kind are allowed. All talks will be posted on YouTube after the event.
For more information, contact Kat Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org.