Friday, March 28, 2014
2:30 to 7:30 p.m., Stetson University, Allen Hall
Tickets still available!
The theme for Stetson University 's TEDx event will be Significance in Action: Creating Learning, Innovation and Happiness.
TED, a nonprofit organization with a mission to spread ideas, brings together three different realms of society -- technology, entertainment and design -- to discuss a broad range of ideas for topics and conversations. Stetson University's TEDx event will give the Stetson University and DeLand communities a chance to engage in thought-provoking presentations, comprised of short talks, demonstrations and performances on a variety of topics relating to the theme.
Significance in Action: Creating Learning, Innovation and Happiness spans three unique topics so that potential speakers may tailor their proposal and presentation to the theme that works for them. The three concepts embedded in this year's theme focus on creating learning in a multiplicity of places and life experiences; the creating of innovation and how ideas are formulated and brought to fruition and on the creating of happiness as a key to living a significant life.
"The three concepts embedded in this year's theme focus on creating learning in a multiplicity of places and life experiences; the creating of innovation and how ideas are formulated and brought to fruition; and on the creating of happiness as a key to living a significant life."
» Join the event on Facebook for the most up-to-date information.
» Review TEDxStetsonU 2013
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, February 28, 2014 to both the Stetson University community and the public. Only 100 tickets will be available for purchase due to space and TED regulations. Tickets will cost $10 for students, staff, faculty and community members.
Tickets will be available in Hub in the CUB, located on the second floor of the Carlton Union Building at Stetson University. Operating hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ticket Policies and Audience Agreement Form
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to and acknowledge the following:
- This ticket is valid for TEDxStetsonU occurring on Friday, March 28, 2014, from 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Allen Hall auditorium.
- Doors open at 2 p.m. and seating is first-come, first-serve.
- You must arrive by 2:20 p.m. with a valid ticket to enter. We will open up the doors for wait-listed guests from 2:20 to 2:30 p.m.
- Light refreshments will be provided, free of charge.
- A maximum of two (2) tickets can be obtained per person.
- You will need to present your ticket at the door to be permitted admission to TEDxStetsonU.
- No refunds or exchanges of tickets will be allowed at any time.
- Tickets are categorized as faculty/staff, student and community guests. There is a limited number of each and no extras will be sold until the day of the event.
- No video cameras or recording devices of any kind are allowed. All talks will be posted on YouTube after the event.
For more information, contact the TEDxStetsonU Organizing Team at email@example.com. A special thanks to Student Development and Campus Vibrancy and Stetson University's Office of Boundless Learning.