All-Access Pass Orlando - Walt Disney World
Join us in the summer of 2014 for an exclusive pass to Walt Disney World and the Orlando area!
If you want to get a sneak peak at Stetson University's surrounding area, learn some improv, build your leadership skills and spend some time meeting fellow Hatters, join us on this Hatter Trek! On this trek we'll spend three days at Walt Disney World and visit Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. You'll also be immersed in a "Techniques of Teamwork Through Improvisation" session at Disney. The trip is available to the first 30 students that sign up, so hurry!
June 23-27, 2014
What You'll Be Doing
Day 1 - All-Access to Stetson (dinner provided)
The group will meet at 2 p.m. at Stetson University's DeLand campus*. We'll take some time to bond and explore the campus and our surroundings, including downtown DeLand.
Our discussions and activities will focus on navigating college as a Hatter and learning about student life at Stetson University. You'll also be able to sleep on campus and experience our vibrant residential life.
* If you're flying in, your flight should be scheduled to arrive at Orlando International Airport (MCO) no later than noon so that you can catch our free shuttle to campus. The shuttle is scheduled to leave the airport at 1 p.m.
Day 2 - All-Access to Magic (breakfast and dinner provided)
Today we'll visit Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. Today's activities will help you to understand Stetson University's rigor and academics, and will help you understand how to manage your time in college. To wind down during the evening hours, we'll enjoy some free time at the resort hotel.
Day 3 - All-Access to Leadership and Improv (breakfast and dinner provided)
Today you'll find the leader within. In the morning we'll attend the "Techniques of Teamwork Through Improvisation" workshop at Walt Disney World's Epcot theme park. During this workshop we'll band together as a creative ensemble, practice improvisation and team-building techniques, and use our newfound knowledge to stage our own performance.
After our adventure through the forest, we'll discuss student involvement at Stetson University, making friends and engaging in community service.
And finally, we'll tour Epcot's World Showcase and then relax with some free time at the resort hotel.
Day 4 - All-Access to Friends (breakfast and dinner provided)
Today we'll explore Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios.
After this experience, we'll discuss what it means to live Stetson University's three core values: intellectual development, personal growth and global citizenship. Afterward, we'll head back to campus.
Day 5 - Long-Lasting Bonds (breakfast provided)
Before the end of the day we'll take some time to evaluate and reflect on our experience throughout the week. The group activities will end at approximately 10 a.m. and we'll all head home*.
* If you plan to fly home, our shuttle will leave for Orlando International Airport (MCO) at 10:15 a.m. and should arrive at the airport at approximately 11:30 a.m. You should schedule your flight to depart at 1:30 p.m. or later.
- Three or four sets of casual clothing
- Sleeping clothes a roommate would find appropriate
- Light jacket for indoor sessions
- Outdoor gear, including hat, sunglasses and a water bottle
- Sun screen
- Comfortable shoes
- Money for lunch and snacks for all three days
- Comfortable, active wear
- Swim suit and beach towel for the pool
- Bath and face towel
- Face wash
- Hair Dryer
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shower shoes
- A fun book to read during free time
- Cell phone and charger
- Extra cash for souvenirs
- iPod (for travel or sleeping)
*Please complete the intent to enroll form before registering.