Welcome, First Year Students!
Coming to college is an exciting transition. The process can also cause some anxiety for students and their families. At Stetson University we're committing to assisting students in gaining the academic skills and social connections needed to be a successful Hatter.
New students who begin classes in the fall are welcomed to the campus five days early to participate in a comprehensive orientation program. All first-year and transfer students with less than 24 credit hours are required to take a first year seminar, which begins during orientation. This course allows students to create both an academic and social community while they transition into the university. New first-year and transfer students will meet administrative staff, faculty members, student staff and community leaders during orientation while attending sessions on important issues such as academic rigor, campus involvement, campus policies and university resources and services. Every student will be placed into a "FOCUS Group" of approximately 30 students. These FOCUS groups are led by two outstanding upper-class students who have been at Stetson University for at least a year and who have a strong desire to assist new students. During orientation, students will be able to take care of all of their needs, such as meeting with their academic advisor, getting their Hatter One Card and parking decal, setting up their email account and Internet access and purchasing their books for class.
New first-year and transfer students who enroll in the spring semester will experience an abbreviated, comprehensive orientation for students enrolling at that time.
- Jan. 9- residence halls open for new students
- Jan. 10-11- New Student Orientation
- Jan. 12- residence halls open for returning students
- Jan. 13- classes begin
- Jan. 20- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (no classes)
- Jan. 21- add/drop deadline; last day to change meal plan selection
- Mar. 3-7- spring break
- Mar. 31 - Apr. 4- academic advising for summer and fall semesters
- Apr. 7-9- registration for summer and fall semesters
- Apr. 15- Stetson Showcase (no classes except those after 5 p.m.)
- Apr. 18- Good Friday (no classes)
- Apr. 30- classes end
- May 2-6- final examinations
- May 7- all residence halls close at noon
- May 9- Baccalaureate
- May 10- Commencement
In addition to the dates below, incoming students should be attentive to the following dates:
- Mar. 15- Priority deadline for financial aid! Make sure to complete your FASFA!
- Apr. 12- Hatter Saturday
Make sure you have all your immunizations up to date before arriving on campus! See Student Health Service's immunization page for details. Also, have you submitted all your paperwork to the Office of Admissions? Use your personalized link in your acceptance packet to make sure!