Welcome, First Year Students!
Coming to college is an exciting transition. This transitional process can also cause some anxiety for students and their families. At Stetson we are committing to assisting students in gaining the academic skills and social connections needed to be a successful Hatter.
New students who begin classes in the fall are welcomed to the campus 5 days early to participate in a comprehensive orientation program. All First Year students and Transfers with less than 24 credit hours are required to take a First Year Seminar course, which begins during Orientation. This course allows students to create both an academic and social community while they transition into the University. New first-year and transfer students will meet administrative staff, faculty members, student staff, and community leaders during Orientation while attending sessions on important issues such as academic rigor, campus involvement, campus policies and university resources and services. Each incoming student will be placed into a "FOCUS Group" of approximately 30 students. Each FOCUS Group is led by 2 outstanding upperclass students who have been at Stetson for at least a year and have a strong desire and passion to assist new students. During orientation, students will be able to take care of all of their needs, such as meeting with their Academic Advisor, getting their Student ID and Parking Decal, setting up their email and Internet, and purchasing their books for class.
New first-year and transfer students who enroll in the spring semester will experience an abbreviated, comprehensive orientation for students enrolling at that time.
- March 5-9- Spring Holidays
- March 15- Priority Deadling for Financial Aid! Make sure to fill out your FASFA!
- March 21- Last day to drop without academic penalty
- April 2-5- Academic Advising. Make an appointment to meet with your academic advisor!
- April 10-12- Registration for Summer and Fall Classes
- May 2- Summer/Fall Registration Deadline for all enrolled students
- March 15- Priority Deadline for Financial Aid! Make sure to fill out your FASFA!
- Make sure you have all your immunizations up to date BEFORE arriving on campus! Check Health Services for more info!
- Have you submitted all your paperwork to the Office of Admission? Use your personalized link in your acceptance packet to make sure!
Do you want to blog for Stetson University?
We are looking for two incoming or current First Year Students to blog about their experiences from their first moment of FOCUS Orientation through the end of the academic year. If you are interested, please submit a brief (500 words or less) personal statement about yourself and why you want to be a blogger. Email submissions to Taylor Gabriele-Goodwin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to give us a preview of your writing style!