Registration Tips and Hints
The following hints and tips will help make registration easier:
- Make sure you can log in to My Stetson before your registration time.
- Once you receive your registration number from your faculty advisor, don't wait to register!
- Use the Class Schedule Search tool to view a list of classes offered for the term for which you'll be registering. Please note that if the list is preliminary it can change without warning, so check often.
- Know your registration number. Only your faculty advisor or department chair is authorized to provide you your registration number.
- Know your registration time. It's based on the number of hours you've earned, but does not include the hours you're registered for during the current semester.
- If you want to take more than 18 hours (College of Arts and Sciences, School of Business Administration) or 19 hours (School of Music), you'll need to request such an overload through your academic dean prior to registration.
- Check your courses for pre-requisites. You must have the required prerequisites in order to register.
- Independent study requests should be submitted to the registrar's office.
- You will need instructor permission if you plan to register for a course which you used course exclusion, late dropped or withdrawn.
- If a class has a wait list, and you wish to be added, please select the "Wait list" action from the class registration to do so.
- Professors monitor their wait lists and will enter an override for you if they're going to allow you into the class. After the professor enters the override, they will send you an email to let you know to register for the class.
- Once they let you know that the override has been entered, it's your responsibility to register in a timely manner. If you fail to register, the seat may be given to someone else.
- To register, you'll need to first remove yourself from the wait list and then follow the normal instruction to register for the class.
- If you decide not to take the class, drop the class or contact the instructor to let them know.
- You can always call the registrar's office at 386-822-7140, 386-822-7142, 386-822-7143 or 386-822-7150.