All vehicles operated on campus by students, faculty and staff must be registered with the Office of Public Safety within five days after being brought on campus. This includes full-time, part-time, day, evening, summer and commuting students, and full-time and part-time faculty and staff. Vehicles include, but are not limited to automobiles, vans, trucks, motorcycles and mopeds.
Registration of a vehicle on campus does not guarantee a parking space but permits the registrant to park in authorized parking areas when space is available.
The following requirements must be met:
- The vehicle must be owned or leased by you or a member of your immediate family.
- A completed vehicle registration form must be submitted at the time the permit is received. The make, model, year, license tag number, state and applicant's driver's license are required to register vehicles with the university.
- You must provide your Student ID
Steps to Register a Vehicle
- Complete the registration form for either STUDENT or FACULTY/STAFF.
- Print the form and bring it, with the required documentation as specified above, to the Office of Public Safety at 405 North Amelia Avenue.
- The Office of Public Safety will issue your parking permit(s) after verifying that the form is complete and correct.
To register your bicycle on campus, please bring it to the Office of Public Safety at 405 North Amelia Avenue. When you arrive, you will be required to fill out the registration form.
The registration of bicycles is required for two reasons:
- Better control of bicycle parking and assistance in locating the owner, if possible, when specific violations require impoundment.
- To aid in the prevention of theft and assistance in recovering the bicycle, should a theft occur.