Postage Savings Tips
- Screen your mailing list for unnecessary names, duplicates and incomplete addresses. Stetson Postal Services can help you with this. Send us your list in excel format for address cleansing email@example.com
- Use Priority mail delivery confirmation instead of Certified no return receipt but is cheaper than certified with tracking available
- Do not over-insure. The post office and UPS will pay only the actual value of an item, not the declared value.
- Use postcards for short messages or announcements. The cost is 1/3 less than ending an envelope.
- Combine mailings when possible into a larger envelope for distribution at the location.
- Use Business Reply envelopes provided by vendors, instead of department envelopes.
- FAX the information when time is crucial, instead of using Express mail.
- Request Library and Book rate whenever possible. Savings can be as much as 50% of the cost of 1st class mail.
- Use Intra-campus envelopes for on-campus mail. Use regular business envelopes for off-campus mailings only.
- Use Non-profit/Bulk Rate whenever possible, saving can be as much as 20 cents per mail piece.
- Use "Courtesy Reply" instead of "Business Reply" and save on first class postage, plus 10 cent processing fee.
- Whenever possible, fold material in half and place in a 6x9 or #10 envelope to reduce postage
Postal News and Information from Around the World:
Helpful Zip Code Finders: