Fees and Registration
The annual fee covers the fall and spring terms, which covers the costs for classes and most campus events. For those who would like to participate in either the fall or the spring, there is a special semester only fee. Discounts are offered for alumni, as well as the second member living in the same household. These are listed on the registration form, which is contained in the course catalog.
For annual members already registered from the fall term, our membership now carries over to the spring term with no charges, other than those fees incurred for course materials and events where applicable.
For those who became annual members in fall 2012, you may register online. Online registration will begin after August 28, 2013, during our Open House. Some of the courses have limited seats, so register early! If, while you are registering online, you notice a message that says, "this class is full, click 'add to wait list' button below," this means that the maximum number of members has been reached in that course. If you click on the wait list button, that will allow you to be notified if an available seat for the course arises.
For those who were term members in the fall and are returning or for those who are new - you must register in person, or via the mail. Registrations will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis for all classes. Some of the courses have limited seats, so register early! Remember, those available seats are "first-come, first-served."
Ways to Register
- Come to the Open House in Celebration on Wednesday, August 28, 2013, at 11:30 a.m.
- Call Lifelong Learning at 321-939-7600
- Stop in at Stetson University at Celebration, Monday through Friday from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., beginning Aug. 28.
- Fall annual members can register online. Fees must be submitted by mail or at the Center at Celebration, if applicable.
- Come to the Open House in DeLand on Thursday, August 29, 2013 from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Stetson Room, located in the Carlton Union Building
- Call Lifelong Learning at 386-822-7182
- Fall annual members can register online. Fees must be submitted by mail or at the Office of Lifelong Learning, if applicable.
Benefits of Membership
- A congenial learning community
- A social environment to share education, information, conversation and good friendships
- The ability to join any of our fun members-only events, including lectures by Stetson University Faculty and musical performances by students and faculty of the Stetson School of Music
- Attendance is based on your interest; just remember, no tests or homework is required
- The modest annual or term membership enrolls you in up to nine courses each semester. This actually means that you are paying $11 per course or $3.75 every time you come to class
- Additional social events planned for our members
- Two educational trips annually, with transportation provided, and negotiated admission fees when appropriate
- Opening your mind to new concepts and ideas by having the ability to explore new topics in an environment with no grades
- Free Wi-Fi access in every classroom for your laptop or mobile device
Special Membership Privilege
The Fitness Centre and Day Spa at Celebration Health is offering members of Stetson Lifelong a corporate discount. Purchase an annual membership, pay a $50 enrollment fee with Celebration Health and pay $35.95 per month. Current members of Celebration Health can get their monthly fees adjusted. You must bring a copy of your paid receipt to the Fitness Center in order to be eligible for the discount.
Full refunds will be made prior to the beginning of the spring semester for any registered Lifelong participant. For our annual members already registered from the fall term, the refund will be prorated. After the first week of spring classes, prorated refunds will be made for cancellations due to illness, pressing family situations or other circumstances beyond a member's control. All requests for refunds for participants at the Center at Celebration must be made in writing and submitted directly to the Concierge of the Center at Celebration; requests for refunds for participants at the DeLand campus must also be made in writing and should be submitted directly to the Office of Lifelong Learning, located at the Wilson Athletic Center, 145 East Pennsylvania Avenue, DeLand, Florida.