Computer Dual Monitor Request Policy
Stetson University Computer Dual Monitor Request Policy
All dual monitor requests will be required to meet the criteria listed below:
• Previously approved by Human Resources for vision/health/mobility issues
- OR -
• The request must be for an individual who spends at least 80% of his or her time on a computer and the requestor must provide a written and detailed explanation that justifies the potential cost savings
- And Demonstrated Examples of at Least one of the Following -
• Have at least four open and running computer applications while needing to maintain visual contact with two or more of those applications simultaneously.
• Work with specific programs which are tailored for dual monitors such as
- Document Imaging
- Graphic design programs
- Multiple open spreadsheets
- Application or web-site programming and development
- Hardware systems monitoring e.g., HVAC/Electrical/Networking
• Work with customers (students/faculty/staff) within a high-traffic area where information is required from two places simultaneously and the potential exists that customers would need to wait while the information is retrieved.