Dual Monitor Request Policy
All dual monitor requests will be required to meet the criteria listed below:
- Previously approved by the Office of Human Resources for vision/health/mobility issues, or
- The request must be for an individual who spends at least 80 percent of their time on a computer. The requestor must provide a written and detailed explanation that justifies the potential cost savings, and demonstrated examples of at Least one of the following:
- Have at least four open and running computer applications while needing to maintain visual contact with two or more of those applications simultaneously.
- Work with specific programs which are tailored for dual monitors such as:
- Document imaging
- Graphic design programs
- Multiple open spreadsheets
- Application or website programming and development
- Hardware systems monitoring (e.g., HVAC, electrical, networking, etc.)
- Work with customers (e.g., students, faculty, staff, etc.) within a high-traffic area where information is required from two places simultaneously and the potential exists that customers would need to wait while the information is retrieved.