Labs and Multimedia Classrooms
About the Computer Labs
The Office of Information Technology operates six general access computer labs at the DeLand campus. The computer labs are connected to a Windows 2008 Active Directory, and all networking is via a Gigabit Ethernet network backbone, which allows users to share software, printers and file servers. These labs are equipped with high-speed laser printers, either CDRW/DVD-ROM or CDRW/DVD +R/-R drives, Microsoft Windows 7, and numerous software applications.
Lab assistants are available to assist students with basic computer, scanner and printer operations in the computer labs located in the duPont-Ball Library, Davis Hall, Elizabeth Hall and Flagler Hall. Computing resources are available to students 24 hours a day in the duPont-Ball Library lab.
Labs operate on a modified schedule during holidays, finals week and the summer semester. All reservations are posted outside each lab at the beginning of the week. All other changes are posted at least one week in advance.
Please see the Lab Reservations page for more information.
Computer Lab Policies
- You are responsible for reading and abiding by all signs posted in the labs.
- You must present your Stetson University ID each time you enter the computer labs. Access to the computer labs will not be given without a valid Stetson University ID and network account.
- No food or drink, opened or unopened, is permitted in the labs at any time.
- Lab assistants are there to assist with the technology needed to complete your work. They are not allowed to debug your program, interpret class assignments or help with your homework.
- Large quantities of fliers, banners or other distribution material are not to be printed in the computer labs. Large print jobs should be taken to the university Print Shop.
- The computer labs are an academic resource. The following will not be permitted in the computer labs: games, Internet chat software, etc.
Computer Lab Hours
Please note that lab hours may be modified at any time to accommodate class schedules and reservations. These times are posted on the doors of each lab. Labs may be closed between semesters, during breaks, etc.
- Labs will open for regular hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) on Thursday, August 22, 2013.
- Labs will be closed on the following dates:
- August 31 through September 2, 2013 (Labor Day)
- October 10-13, 2013 (fall break)
- November 27 through December 1, 2013 (Thanksgiving)
- December 13, 2013 through January 12, 2014 (winter break)
- Library Lab: room: 015, phone: 386-822-7066
- Davis Lab: room: 101, phone: 386-822-8990
- Flagler Lab: room: 311, phone: 386-822-7068
- Elizabeth Lab: room: 205, phone: 386-822-7067
- ResNet and Student Helpdesk: LBC room: 011, phone: 386-822-7031