Stetson Student Insurance Plan Information
As with most colleges, all students enrolled at Stetson University are expected to have adequate health insurance to cover them while attending the university. In an effort to make affordable coverage available to those who may not have any insurance, or those who have limited insurance, a campus student accident and sickness health plan has been developed to provide quality health care to Stetson students at a reasonable cost.
International students are required to have medical insurance as per the Cultural Exchange Act and University policy, and need to obtain a plan that will provide adequate coverage for them in the Stetson/central Florida area. If you are an international student and will not have medical coverage when you come to Stetson, you will need to enroll in the Campus Student Insurance Plan**.
Other students who do not yet have medical insurance coverage are strongly encouraged to enroll in the Campus Student Plan** or should obtain a similar plan of their choosing by start of the semester.
** NOTICE: Stetson University will not automatically enroll students in the student insurance plan. Students must submit an insurance enrollment form and payment to the insurance agent in order to be enrolled in the plan.
Enrolling in the Student Plan
To enroll in the student plan, to review the brochure, to review the flyer and look up in-network medical providers, as well as obtain other important information, please go to http://www.firststudent.com and choose "Stetson University- DeLand/Celebration Campus" in the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
IMPORTANT: The enrollment grace period ends at midnight on September 11, 2013*.
Summary of 2013-2014 Student Insurance Plan
Insurance Company: United HealthCare Student Resources
Policy number: 2013-200433-01
Insurance Agent: First Student, Inc. - Phone: 800-505-4160 (contact for questions about the student plan)
- Annual Insurance Policy Dates: August 12, 2013 to August 11, 2014
- Annual Plan Cost: $1737 for annual plan providing coverage dates above
- Fall-only semester dates: August 12, 2013 thru January 8, 2014
- Fall-only semester cost: $714.00 (Note: If you choose the fall-only option now, and will continue as a student at Stetson University in the spring semester, you will need to enroll in the spring/summer plan in January 2014 in order to continue your student plan coverage throughout the remainder of the academic year).
- Spring/summer dates: January 9, 2014 thru August 11, 2014 (available for enrollment January through February 12, 2014)
- Spring/summer cost: $1023.00
Summary of Benefits
- PPO Accident and Sickness Health Plan Coverage Limit: $500,000 (per Injury or Sickness)
- Annual Deductible: $150 In-Network/ $400 Out-of-Network
- Coinsurance Coverage: 90% In-Network/ 70% Out of Network
- In addition to the Usual Inpatient /Outpatient Coverage and Emergency Treatment, Plan Includes:
- Prescriptions (Rx Co-pay: $15 Generic / $40 Brand)
- Xray and Lab costs (per policy)
- Preventive Care (per policy)
- Psychotherapyand Alcoholism/Drug Abuse
- Plan Also Includes while traveling abroad:
- Emergency Medical Evac; Family emergency travel; Repatriation and Return of mortal remains
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
*Your enrollment form and premium payment must be received by midnight on September 11, 2013 in order to have your coverage start on the initial spring/summer policy date of August 12, 2013.
If your enrollment and premium payment is received after September 11, 2013, your policy start date will be the date you enroll online or the date your enrollment form and full payment is received by mail at our insurance agent's office (the mailing address is on the enrollment form).
- Pay via the online enrollment form with a credit card/debit card or E-Check at the First Student website.
- Pay by check or money order by downloading a hard copy of the Enrollment Form at the First Student website and mailing it in with your payment to the Insurance Agent (the mailing address is on the enrollment form)
Plan Cost and Benefits
The above summary of benefits and costs is a basic summarization. The benefits and costs shown in the actual policy and certificate of coverage reflected in the First Student website shall be prevailing should there be any conflicting information.
Note: Student Health Service requires that all students complete a Health History Form, which can be done online. For questions regarding the Health History Form or the Immunization Form, please contact the wellness office Student Health Service at 386-822-8150 or the wellness office at 386-822-7237.
Collegiate Assistance 24-Hour Nurse Line: 877-643-5130 (toll-free)
- Nurse Line- Talk with a Registered Nurse any time. A caring professional will help you make informed decisions about your health.
- Student Assistance Plan- Talk with a master-level, licensed Behavior Specialist any time. A caring professional will be there to listen carefully to assess your needs and is ready for urgent situations.
Student Personal Property Insurance Coverage
- Reasonable coverage just for college students.
- Includes accidental damage, theft, hurricane, flood, fire, lightning surge, etc.
- Student Plan is primary over parents' homeowners insurance, which often have high deductibles.
- Protect your computer, cell phone and other electronics and valuables for as little as $100 for a year's coverage and deductibles as low as $25.
- Coverage is available to students living on-campus and off-campus.
- Coverage applies while gone on breaks and traveling abroad.
- Coverage extends to bikes, jewelry and musical instruments up to $2,000.
For more information and to sign up, please see the CSI Student Property Insurance website at http://www.collegestudentinsurance.com. Choose Florida and Stetson University/DeLand.