Giving to Stetson University through Matching Gifts
Frequently asked questions:
- How can I get my gift matched?
- Your company human resources department can tell you if your company has a matching gifts program or simply log onto Stetson's matching gift Web site: www.matchinggifts.com/stetson/.
- My gift is small. Will it make a difference?
- Yes! A gift of any amount helps Stetson educate students to lead great lives. The beauty of matching gifts is that it doubles or in some cases, triples the impact of your gift. However, most matching gift programs do have a minimum and maximum amount they will match. Ask your human resources department or check our matching gift Web site.
- Does my company deduct the match amount from my paycheck?
- Matching gifts don't affect your paycheck in any way, unless you designate an automatic monthly draft. A matching gift program is a free employee benefit.
- How much time and effort does this involve?
- Just fill out your company's matching gift form, send it to Stetson, and we'll do the rest. Most matching gift forms are simple and brief. If you have problems, contact your human resources department or Stetson's Corporate Relations Officer.
- Can I take advantage of matching gifts if I'm retired?
- Many companies match gifts even if you're retired. Call your human resources department or Stetson University to find out.
- My spouse works for a matching gift company. Can he/she take advantage of Stetson's matching gift program?
- Please check with your company or check our matching gift Web site.
- Will my boss object?
- The matching gift program is a way for companies to make charitable contributions. Companies set aside money for matching gifts, but you must ask to have your gift matched. Having your gifts matched is part of your benefits package when you work for a matching gift company.
For more information, contact:
Sidney Johnston,Foundation Relations Officer
Stetson University, 386-822-8882