Student Life Scholarships
Residential Community Fellow Scholarship
Stetson University's Department of Housing and Residential Life sees the value in emerging leaders participating in theme-based communities. Theme-based communities are created to enhance the residential and educational experience of students. Participants live together in a residence hall community and actively engage in fostering community growth by providing a holistic approach to personal development and learning through academic partnerships, service-learning opportunities, research initiatives and intentional and focused programming efforts. Residents who are excited to create inclusive and dynamic communities are vital to the success and mission of the Department of Housing and Residential Life. The Residential Community Fellow (RC Fellow) Scholarship is designed to assist residents who are seeking to move past success to significance in the realm of leadership within their residence hall/theme-based community. This scholarship will provide $1000 on an annual basis ($500 per semester).
To find out more details about our current theme-based communities please visit stetson.edu/housing. More details for new theme-based communities are coming soon.
Potential scholarship recipients must meet the following qualifications:
- 3.5 cumulative GPA in high school for first year applicants and 3.0 cumulative GPA at Stetson University or another university or college
- Enrolled for a full time course load (4 units or 16 credit hours)
- Willing to commit an average of 5 hours a week to theme-based initiatives such as attending/partnering with Resident Assistant, other RC Fellows and faculty advisors to put on events/programs, provide passive educational opportunities and/or engage in community building activities
- Value the importance of educational interactions in and out of the classroom
- Display leadership potential
- Willing to be a resident of the theme-based community (currently only available to Women’s Leadership, Wellness House, Honors & Bonner, Living & Learning House RC Fellows)
How to Apply
Submit your application by April 1st at 11:59pm for full consideration.
For questions about Residential Community Fellow Scholarship please email Jessica Curry, Assistant Director of Residential Education and Community Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.