Lawson Scholarship - Scholarships - Student Financial Planning
Stetson University's endowed Lawson Scholarship assists academically qualified students. Preference is given to philosophy or related majors with demonstrated interest in community service and a commitment to principled citizenship. Each scholarship provides $6,250 on an annual basis to a student in each class who possess an SAT score of 1300 or ACT score of at least 29, a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher and rank in the top 10 percent of their graduating class.
Potential scholarship recipients must meet the following qualifications:
- Major in philosophy or a related field of the humanities
- 3.5 or higher GPA in high school for first-year applicants
- A ranking in the top ten percent of the graduating class, if the school uses a ranking system
- A combined SAT-I score of at least 1300 (critical reading and math) or an ACT composite score of at least 29
How to Apply
Access the Lawson Scholarship Application online:
- Select “2017 Special Programs and Scholarships” from the first selection list
- Select "Lawson Scholarship" from the second selection list
You will need to submit an essay of no more than 500 words addressing the following prompt: "Articulate your vision of a good life with specific reference to, and examples from your academic studies, your faith and your experience."
The application is due February 12.