Bright Future Scholarships
The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program establishes lottery-funded scholarships to reward Florida high school graduates for high academic achievement. Stetson accepts the following Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program awards:
- Florida Academic Scholars (F.A.S.) award (including Academic Top Scholars (A.T.S.) award)
- Florida Medallion Scholars (F.M.S.) award
Initial Eligibility Requirements to Receive Funding
Florida Academic Scholars
- Minimum high school weighted GPA of 3.5
- Minimum ACT score of 29 or SAT score of 1290
- Minimum 100 hours of community service
Florida Medalion Scholars
- Minimum high school weighted GPA of 3.0
- Minimum ACT score of 26 or SAT score of 1170
- Minimum 75 hours of community service
Award Amounts per Credit Hour
These figures are based on the cost per credit hour for four-year universities and are from the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Academic Top Scholars (A.T.S.): $44.00
- Florida Academic Scholar (F.A.S.): $103.00
- Florida Medallion Scholar (F.M.S.): $77.00
The student's cumulative GPA must meet the following minimum levels:
- Florida Academic Scholars 3.0
- Florida Medallion Scholars 2.75
Florida Academic Scholars recipients with a cumulative GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 can be renewed as Florida Medallion Scholars level.
If you have any further questions regarding Bright Futures, please see the Bright Futures Scholarship Program website, the State of Florida's Office of Student Financial Assistance website or call the Florida Department of Education at 888-827-2004.
If you have any questions regarding your Bright Futures at Stetson University, please contact the Office of Student Financial Planning at 386-822-7120.