Bright Future Scholarships
The Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program establishes lottery-funded scholarships to reward Florida high school graduates for high academic achievement. Stetson accepts the following Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program awards:
- Florida Academic Scholars (F.A.S.) award (including Academic Top Scholars (A.T.S.) award)
- Florida Medallion Scholars (F.M.S.) award
Initial Eligibility Requirements to Receive Funding
Florida Academic Scholars
- Minimum high school weighted GPA of 3.5
- Minimum ACT score of 29 or SAT score of 1290
- Minimum 100 hours of community service
Florida Medalion Scholars
- Minimum high school weighted GPA of 3.0
- Minimum ACT score of 26 or SAT score of 1170
- Minimum 75hours of community service
For specific eligibility requirements, please refer to Chapter One of the 2015-2016 Bright Futures Student Handbook.
Award Amounts per Credit Hour
These figures are based on the cost per credit hour for four-year universities and are from the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Academic Top Scholars (A.T.S.): $44.00
- Florida Academic Scholar (F.A.S.): $103.00
- Florida Medallion Scholar (F.M.S.): $77.00
If you have any further questions regarding Bright Futures, please see the Bright Futures Scholarship Program website, the State of Florida's Office of Student Financial Assistance website or call the Florida Department of Education at 888-827-2004.
If you have any questions regarding yourBright Futures at Stetson University, please contact the Office of Student Financial Planning at 800-688-7120.