FASTChoice - This easy to use comparison tool allows you to browse the university's preferred private lender list and apply for loans as desired.
Below is information on current loan programs offered through the federal government. This information is not comprehensive and is subject to change at any time based on regulatory revisions. Please see the Federal Student Aid website for information not available here. An accepted FAFSA is required for these loans.
Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
Subsidized and unsubsidized loans are federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education at a four-year college or university, community college, trade, career, or technical school. The U.S. Department of Education offers eligible students at participating schools Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans.
PLUS loans are federal loans that graduate or professional degree students and parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay education expenses. The U.S. Department of Education makes Direct PLUS Loans to eligible borrowers through schools participating in the Direct Loan Program.
Here's a quick overview of Direct PLUS Loans:
- The U.S. Department of Education is the lender.
- The borrower must not have an adverse credit history.
- Have a fixed interest rate of 7.00% for loans with a first disbursement date between July 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018.
- The maximum loan amount is the student's cost of attendance (determined by the school) minus any other financial aid received.
Perkins Loan Program
Loans made through the Federal Perkins Loan Program, often called Perkins Loans, are low-interest federal student loans for undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. The Perkins loan will not be available after the 2017-2018 academic year. Please note that Stetson will not supplement financial aid awards in the amount of the Perkins loan after the program has ended.
Here's a quick overview of Federal Perkins Loans:
- Available to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need.
- Interest rate for this loan is five percent.
- Stetson University is the lender.
- Funds depend on your financial need and the availability of funds at Stetson University.