- Admission and Financial Aid Open House Presentation
- College Affordability for Minority Students
- Consumer Information
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE Instructions
- FAFSA IRS Datat Retreieval Tool Tutorial
- Financial Aid Resource Guide
- Four Year Financial Planning Tool
- Order to Accept Financial Aid
- SALT Financial Planning
- Scholarship Directory from ScholarshipSoup.com
- The Simple Dollar: College Scholarships Guide
- Tomorrow's Tuition at Today's Prices - The Private College 529 Plan
- Tuition Exchange Application
- Tuition Exchange Guidelines for Imports
- Tuition Exchange Guidelines for Exports
Accepting your award
Below is a guideline for the order in which to accept your financial aid:
- Scholarships and Grants: Make sure you understand the conditions you must meet (for instance, you might have to maintain a certain grade-point average in order to continue receiving a scholarship, or grant).
- Work-study: You don’t have to pay the money back, but you do have to work for it, so take into account that that’ll mean less time for studying. However, research has shown that students who work part-time jobs manage their time better than those who don’t!
- Federal student loans: You’ll have to repay the money with interest. Subsidized loans don’t start accruing (accumulating) interest until you leave school, so accept a subsidized loan before an unsubsidized loan.
- Loans from your state government or your college: You’ll have to repay the money with interest, and the terms of the loan might not be as good as those of a federal student loan. Be sure to read all the fine print before you borrow.
- Private loans: You’ll have to repay the money with interest, and the terms and conditions of the loan almost certainly will not be as good as those of a federal student loan.
Your Financial Aid Journey in Five Steps
Wells Fargo Education Financial Services has developed a series of YouTube videos to discuss the five steps that families take in their financial aid journey. Follow the links below to watch each video: