Stetson University is committed to making higher education as affordable as possible. Determinations for financial aid are based on financial need, merit and fund availability. Below are some tools to help get you started in this process:
Long Term Planning for College
- Private College 529 Plan: This prepaid tuition investment plan offers a guaranteed way to lock in today’s tuition rates for tomorrow’s education at more than 280 private colleges.
- Florida Pre-Paid: This plan is designated to be used at Florida colleges or state universities and can be applied at the same rate as state public institutions.
- Raise.me Micro-Scholarships: Students can earn scholarships based on important achievements throughout their high school career by logging them on Raise.me. Students will receive the Stetson University scholarship OR the Raise.me scholarship award, whichever is higher.
Planning Tools and Resources
- Net Price Calculator: Calculate your estimated financial aid award.
- Four-Year Financial Planning Tool: Calculate an estimated cost for four years at Stetson University.
- FAFSA 4caster: Estimate your federal student aid eligibility even before it is time to complete the FAFSA.
- $ALT Financial Planning: Get assistance in financial planning and take charge of your money during college and beyond.
- Federal Parent PLUS loan: A federal loan that parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay educational expenses.
- Private Loan/Alternative Non-Federal Educational: FASTChoice provides a database of the university’s preferred private lenders.
- Stetson Monthly Payment Plan: A monthly installment payment plan through the University with zero interest.
Tools to Apply for Financial Aid
- FAFSA: Apply for federal student aid which includes grants and loans. Applications open October 1st. The next priority filing deadline is January 15th for incoming students and February 15th for continuing students.
- CSS Profile: This allows Stetson to have a complete understanding of a family’s financial situation when awarding non-federal financial aid. The next priority filing deadline is January 15th.
- State Aid: The state of Florida assists Florida residents with state-funded grants and scholarships including Bright Futures, Florida Resident Access Grant, and Florida Student Assistance Grant – Non-Florida residents should check with their state about the availability of funding for attendance at an out-of-state institution.
Additional Resources and Information
- Outside Scholarships: Fastweb.com is a search engine that provides outside scholarship resources and a database to assist students in finding eligible scholarship opportunities.
- Stetson Scholarships: Additional scholarships offered by Stetson University for which new incoming students may apply. (Applications and deadlines may apply).
- Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Loans: Federal Direct Stafford Loan programs are available to US citizens and eligible non-citizens.
- Federal Student Aid: There are a variety of federal aid programs available. Learn more about them and how to apply.